Statistics New Zealand
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Statistics New Zealand Employee Reviews

New Zealand16 reviews
Great environment and good people the work load was fair and the people there are very welcoming. Worked there for about 2 years as a casual and the majority of the people in my department were casual because we were all students studying full time. Typical day involves scanning , data repairing, and grooming. I learnt how to scan and data repair documents. Management were kind and friendly, The work place culture was good, the hardest part of the job was doing it alone when we would have exams not people would be working so depending the timetable you would work or not. The best part is meeting new people and never feeling to stressed.
As part of the Team through Maddison Recruitment I worked in the Following Up process with the Public to complete their Census for Statistics NZ in Tauranga.
The process was well managed with cloce Coordination with Team Leaders to retrieve outstanding Census Papers.

Supplied for the first time Computer Tablets were used to record details of the Customers Locations and Status and record their Census Detals. This worked very well with great help from the Stats Help Desk to achieve satisfactory results.

I hope Stats NZ continues to use this format in future as it was Easy to use, explain to Difficult Customers how it works and Professional manner to complete the Census for 2018.

I would be happy to work with Stats NZ again, given the opportunity to do so.
Pros
Training was sufficient to get out and front the public.
Cons
Hours of work were sufficient to complete the Tasks set by Stats NZ
A career at Stats NZ means you are part of New Zealand’s data ecosystem – exploring, analysing, wrangling, collaborating and innovating.

You will work in fantastic teams, in an agile & dynamic workplace, with a flexible and supportive work environment.
It is a good and fun place to work.
Operations give a full support to each and every employee.

They much about the safety of each employee. They always see to it and assured that everyone at work is safety.
Pros
stress free
It was an experience to meet all the local people with doing the sensus. Sometimes had to be very persuasive when people did not want to do the sensus
Pros
working your own hours
Cons
dealing with rude people and attacking dogs
hard work at crucial times but relaxed at other times; lots of interesting people to work with; at many times expectations are unclear ans work is not well supervised.
Pros
interesting and not too stressful
Cons
not particularly well-paid
With a technically advanced staff and an energetic work environment, Statics New Zealand has been a delightful place to work. Friendly staff offer to help out with anything that you may be unsure of.
Worked together really well. Jobs done in allocated time. Friendly people to work with and always helping each other out to get task done.
Pros
Always looking out for each other
Cons
Didnt last long
As my first work experience in New Zealand, it was a good experience both to see new people and learn more about working cultures in New Zealand.
Pros
Good supervisor
Cons
heavy load of materials for census collection
A great place to work in a corporate government department environment. Working on the Census programme was very challenging but also very exciting! The Programme Management team had several projects which I was responsible for ensuring that all timelines were met and that the Project Managers were updated daily as well as our Programme Managers and Sponsors.
Pros
Great teams working together well
Cons
The Census Programme came to an end!
My Co-workers are always kind and supportive.
The management and the training provided at Stats is great.

It is always a positive place and Is a great place to build experience with Customer Service.
Pros
Teamwork
I typical day at Statistics New Zealand means to log all requests and to adhere to ITIL standards.

I have learned that: Hard work pays off.

The management was good at: Statistics New Zealand.

The co-workers were a great bunch of people.

The hardest part of the job was working late in to the evening.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet new staff.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
This is a very interesting role as well. Its keeps you busy all day long, by talking and typing at the same time. Helping clients with their enquiries and filling up the forms online. Answering inbound calls as well.
Cons
A typical day would start with preparing my delivery boxes each day and making sure they are in their right box and in order.

I basically worked alone but our supervisor was always on hand if we needed him and for moral support.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Long hours some day and working in extreme conditions.
Recruitment, team leadership, managing and supporting staff
Delivering training workshops

Structured environment, systems based
Government job working on surveys,doing data entry,preparing financial statements depending on which survey i am working on.