Statistics New Zealand
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Statistics New Zealand Employee Review

Productive and learning environment

23 February 2016
As my first work experience in New Zealand, it was a good experience both to see new people and learn more about working cultures in New Zealand.
Pros
Good supervisor
Cons
heavy load of materials for census collection
25 September 2017
Same role
Census Special Collector (Former Employee) - Waiuku Town District, Auckland
It was an experience to meet all the local people with doing the sensus. Sometimes had to be very persuasive when people did not want to do the sensus
Pros
working your own hours
Cons
dealing with rude people and attacking dogs
22 January 2014
Same role
Census Collector (Former Employee) - Kawerau
A typical day would start with preparing my delivery boxes each day and making sure they are in their right box and in order. I basically worked alone but our supervisor was always on hand if we needed him and for moral support.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Long hours some day and working in extreme conditions.
9 February 2020
Same location
New Zealand (Former Employee) - Auckland
Great environment and good people the work load was fair and the people there are very welcoming. Worked there for about 2 years as a casual and the majority of the people in my department were casual because we were all students studying full time. Typical day involves scanning , data repairing, and grooming. I learnt how to scan and data repair documents. Management were kind and friendly, The work place culture was good, the hardest part of the job was doing it alone when we would have exams not people would be working so depending the timetable you would work or not. The best part is meeting new people and never feeling to stressed.
  1. Productive and learning environment