Statistics New Zealand
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Statistics New Zealand Employee Review

Supervising staff

28 July 2013
Recruitment, team leadership, managing and supporting staff Delivering training workshops Structured environment, systems based
9 February 2020
New Zealand (Former Employee) - Auckland
Great environment and good people the work load was fair and the people there are very welcoming. Worked there for about 2 years as a casual and the majority of the people in my department were casual because we were all students studying full time. Typical day involves scanning , data repairing, and grooming. I learnt how to scan and data repair documents. Management were kind and friendly, The work place culture was good, the hardest part of the job was doing it alone when we would have exams not people would be working so depending the timetable you would work or not. The best part is meeting new people and never feeling to stressed.
30 July 2019
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
As part of the Team through Maddison Recruitment I worked in the Following Up process with the Public to complete their Census for Statistics NZ in Tauranga. The process was well managed with cloce Coordination with Team Leaders to retrieve outstanding Census Papers. Supplied for the first time Computer Tablets were used to record details of the Customers Locations and Status and record their Census Detals. This worked very well with great help from the Stats Help Desk to achieve satisfactory results. I hope Stats NZ continues to use this format in future as it was Easy to use, explain to Difficult Customers how it works and Professional manner to complete the Census for 2018. I would be happy to work with Stats NZ again, given the opportunity to do so.
Pros
Training was sufficient to get out and front the public.
Cons
Hours of work were sufficient to complete the Tasks set by Stats NZ
25 January 2019
CSR Technical Support (Former Employee) - Auckland
A career at Stats NZ means you are part of New Zealand’s data ecosystem – exploring, analysing, wrangling, collaborating and innovating. You will work in fantastic teams, in an agile & dynamic workplace, with a flexible and supportive work environment.