Statistics New Zealand
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Statistics New Zealand Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Great environment and good people the work load was fair and the people there are very welcoming. Worked there for about 2 years as a casual and the majority of the people in my department were casual because we were all students studying full time. Typical day involves scanning , data repairing, and grooming. I learnt how to scan and data repair documents. Management were kind and friendly, The work place culture was good, the hardest part of the job was doing it alone when we would have exams not people would be working so depending the timetable you would work or not. The best part is meeting new people and never feeling to stressed.
A career at Stats NZ means you are part of New Zealand’s data ecosystem – exploring, analysing, wrangling, collaborating and innovating. You will work in fantastic teams, in an agile & dynamic workplace, with a flexible and supportive work environment.
With a technically advanced staff and an energetic work environment, Statics New Zealand has been a delightful place to work. Friendly staff offer to help out with anything that you may be unsure of.
As my first work experience in New Zealand, it was a good experience both to see new people and learn more about working cultures in New Zealand.
Pros
Good supervisor
Cons
heavy load of materials for census collection
My Co-workers are always kind and supportive. The management and the training provided at Stats is great. It is always a positive place and Is a great place to build experience with Customer Service.
Pros
Teamwork
This is a very interesting role as well. Its keeps you busy all day long, by talking and typing at the same time. Helping clients with their enquiries and filling up the forms online. Answering inbound calls as well.
Cons
Government job working on surveys,doing data entry,preparing financial statements depending on which survey i am working on.