Steinhoff International
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Steinhoff International Employee Reviews

I enjoy and still working at Steinhoff. It's a good place to work at and looking for alternative doesn't mean they are not good. I would work there again, if I have to make a new choice.
Working with Steinhoff for last 10 year and they Are brilliant salary is very good and I always feel that I am working as family members with In the company
Pros
Excellent salary work as family
Cons
Some time working long hours
If I could give less I would, hostile environment and lack of support. No one really knows the processes and management have no idea of how to help advisors, as they have no training about the business and the products they sell. It gets worse every year, it’s up for auction so possibly be the end for it soon
Great company - one of the largest retailer in the UK. It's a hard working organisation with a drive to succeed and everyone driving in the same direction year on year to continue to be number one in their sector.
Good job delivering Beds to Bensons and independent bed shops nationwide.
Would of most probably retired from here if I didn't relocate to Warrington.

I enjoyed this job as I travelled all over the UK Tramping from Monday to Friday.

Meeting various members of staff that worked within the industry.
Very well spent 4 good years with Steinhoff , enjoyed my role. Professional and supportive management, good training time to time and helpful HR and distribution department.
Started as a friendly company, ok management but has changed top level personal. Money being cut in the wrong places. Good staff being made redundant, poor staff staying
Good place to work but sadly made redundant due to accounting scandal caused by chief finanancial officer in South Africa.
the bed market.

reported to sales director with great work culture.

hardest part of job nothing really.

gaining new accounts and adding to current listings.
Regional managers are bullies. Senior management are dinosaurs. How this company is still in business is beyond me. They do not care about staff or their customers. No urgency when there are issues with customers products
Great place to work with managers and it went very well like my time there would not recommend anybody looking for factory work to have a look I work there an agency for a year and I enjoyed it very much
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Steinhoff International?
Bad management , no communication between sectors , miss use of agency workers , no discipline , bad supervision , bullying is overlooked , racism flourish .
Coaching and development does not exist. If your face fits, your in, even when your results are poor. No wonder the business is in such a mess. Leadership failures exist everywhere.
Steinhoff is always compensating people who deserve it. I have been put through my C1 license and recently also through my Transport Manager Operator's License.
Trunking money is got to be the best by far £31k salary is brilliant for class 1 work.
The trunking lorry’s ain’t up to much with regards to being looked after.

They’re beat up,pins are bent lights knocked off always running low on coolant.

Pods don’t sit right air pressure is always being lost.

Management are absolutely stuck up there own arses.

Rude,ignorant,arrogant and they all have that no can do attitude.

Worked here for nearly 6 months
When working at Steinhoff I found the working environment to be very toxic. Moral was low around the different department in the office due to management not pulling their weight, nor lightening employees work load. I found that work would be forced upon you and expected to be completed within in time frame with no praise on completion. Out of hours work on weekends and nights was expecting without overtime payment sometimes at Midnight onward. I found the working environment unsuitable and un-enjoyable.
Work environment was great and I learnt a lot in relations to working under pressure and how to handle different challenges. Worked with diverse cultures and people.
Cons
Sales targets are everything in store and at regional level. Senior managers and directors just shout louder if you don't hit a target. Flavour of the month one day and the worst human being in the world the next. Don't work here. Really old fashioned poor culture and little, if any HR support.
Pros
Cons
Terrible HR
Horrible management horrible place to work.Not safe to work there at all.Bullied by the management. Don't go there to work.Not follow the health and safety rules at all.
Voor alle projecten zijn er project-schema's en voortgangsrapportages opgesteld. Iedere ochtend wordt er gestart met het opvragen van de statussen van de acties die die dag verlopen. Om achterstanden pro-actief te kunnen volgen gebeurd dit via e-mail.
Tegelijkertijd worden de openstaande e-mails van die ochtend weggewerkt, of wanneer actie vereist is, de acties ingepland voor later die dag of die week.

Dan volgt er een (wekelijkse) belronde naar alle projectmanagers om de voortgang en eventuele issues te rapporteren.

Hierna worden de actiepunten bijgewerkt en de projectdeelnemers geïnformeerd over de status en de feedback van de projectteams, stuurgroep en/of het management.

Ook uit deze feedback worden er actiepunten bijgewerkt en ingepland.

Dan loopt het al tegen de middag en worden de laatste -e-mails verzonden.

Na de middag wordt er wederom gekeken of er feedback is van de verzonden e-mails van die ochtend.

Vervolgens worden de actielijsten opnieuw samengesteld en verzonden naar alle projectdeelnemers.

Bij voorkeur heeft ieder project zijn eigen projectdag, om het werk zo goed mogelijk te kunnen voorbereiden. Deze voorbereiding bestaat uit het opstellen van een projectverslag (alle activiteiten hierboven vermeld incl. conclusies en actielijst)

Daarna volgt er via een webex-achtige oplossing teamoverleg met de projectgroep.

Na het teamoverleg worden de laatste rapportages bijgewerkt en bij het afsluiten van een project worden de projectsheets voorbereid voor de eindpresentatie aan het MT, management of de stuurgroep.

Morgen is wordt de hele riedel weer herhaald.
 - more...
Pros
Gedegen lokaal management, veel reizen
Cons
Veel reizen
Intensive training, without pay. after hours training from reps without pay. Large KPIS without foot traffic. Hours down to 2 a week.
Very insulting on ones intelligence.
Pros
Cons
Hardly any hours, using gov subsidies.
Started here a few weeks ago , my first job since leaving collage!! the pay is not the best but it was a job .. yesterday I was waiting for a frame to come down when middle manager came to me with a massive attitude and said I could be cleaning the ‘ leak ‘ over the other side I said I didnt know this and he started shouting so much that I could feel his spit on my face 🤮🤢 should anyone put up with that ? Respect is earned isn’t it ? Well after me challenging his attitude towards me I got the sack , being an agency worker what could I actually do ? They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it !!
And maybe middle men should be put on courses of how to treat their staff in situations!!

Also the pay grades to agency and staff who are permanent is different!! Isn’t it law to pay the same while doing the same job ?

All in all such a horrible place to work , get shouted at and then challenged him to get sacked 😱

So advice to anyone looking to be the dogs body DONT speak up get treated like a nobody and you will be fine
Pros
Cons
Lots .. heavy hard work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Steinhoff International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9