Strandbags
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Strandbags Employee Reviews

New Zealand13 reviews
Working with Strandbag is a good experience in retail for customer service and product knowledge. You get to talk about your product to customer who walks in and purchase.

Management style is strict and maintain to good standard.

The most enjoyable part of the job is sales and making budget and selling and getting good feedback from customers.

I learnt how to merchandise bags display and lot of knowledge about the company's product. Great team spirit and management.
I've worked at strandbags for over a year and it is the worst company I have ever worked for. The work itself is fine but the company treats the stuff terribly. as a sales assistant, you have a sales target for the day, week, month and year. if you make that target you get nothing but if you are not maligning targets they threaten to cut your hours. You are not paid overtime if you have to work past the closing time for any reason. you have to arrive a minimum of 15 mins before opening to prefer the store but you are not paid for that time. You must also work alone for 4 or more hours in which you get no 15 min break and you can not go to the bathroom. You have a 40% stuff discount on full price items but no one ever uses it because strandbags often has 40% off sales.
Pros
Actual job is ok.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, unhealthy competitive culture, not given appropriate breaks.
Strandbags is a company of fun culture, great leadership, and everyone works hard and play hard.

Love the variety of products there

I enjoy development customers relationship the most, and when the opportunity comes, sell them the best products they want and even upsell them premium products that is good for them
Pros
free snacks from manager
Cons
long hours sometime
I have really enjoyed m time working with the Strandbags team and hope to keep working with them, they are very organized and productive when it comes to selling.
Pros
Smaller Team
Cons
System needs an upgrade
A typical day at work would be to serve customers, merchandise and do stock takes etc.
I learnt how marketing and sales work in a retail business (budget and store targets).

The management of strand bags is fantastic as everything has always been managed well. The workplace culture was amazing and the team was really hardworking and also fun.

The hardest part of working at strand bags was days where the individuals could not meet their targets/budget for the day. But also the most enjoyable part of this workplace was working with a group of amazing girls, manager and the environment we shared amongst each other. Meeting store target/budgets was the best part of our workplace too.
Pros
Company monthly dinner/drinks
Cons
If you love working in retail this place is for you. It's a bad lovers paradise. Unfortunately you will have to travel to New Zealand or Australia to work there.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Uniform
Fun- compeditive environment to work in

Great management

Resonable pay offered

Secure and safe place

Work experience

Did work here that long
Pros
Meet alot of new people
Cons
compeditive inviroment
A typical day involves interacting with customers and making sales.
I learned about all of our products.

I do take part in managing the store and running it when the manager isn't there

My co-workers are hard working and i get along with them.

The hardest part is trying to make budget when the store isnt busy.

The most enjoyable part of my day is talking to the customers because i love people and getting to know everyone.
Met friendly and helpful team member with a supportive store manager. Have learned about store presentation, stock visual arrangement, sales, and some paperwork.
The most enjoyable part is meeting customers and interacting with them about travelling experience. Of course, when we received compliments from the customers about our products and services.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with customer conflict especially during the busy time.
It was fun, the co workers were nice. I learnt a lot and am keen to work in the retail industry
Typical day will consist of general duties being done answering customers queries up-selling
Pros
friendly team
Cons
not enough hours and foot traffic coming in
Merchandising is a major key role of this store and keeping a positive vibe within he store at all times
Working at Strandbags was a pleasurable and a rewarding daily experience, having to learn about different needs of customers and using product knowledge to deliver excellent service to cater to their needs.

A typical day starts out with making sure that the merchandise in store was tidy and presentable; but also making sure that the store was clean and vaccumed. Through out the day staff members and management focus on customers as well as doing tasks such as.

* Unpacking stock

* Banking

* Checking targets

* Dealing with Bag Repairs.

The fellow staff members were polite, always smiling and respectful of each other.

The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with complaints from difficult customers, Although this part was challenging. It was also good training to follow company procedures when dealing with customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday but also unpacking the boxes that have just arrived.
Pros
Lovely, Amazing co workers, Staff discounts
Cons
Complaints from customers