Strandbags Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Sales advisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manukau4 July 2018
Strandbags is a company of fun culture, great leadership, and everyone works hard and play hard.

Love the variety of products there

I enjoy development customers relationship the most, and when the opportunity comes, sell them the best products they want and even upsell them premium products that is good for them
Pros
free snacks from manager
Cons
long hours sometime
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington15 May 2018
I have really enjoyed m time working with the Strandbags team and hope to keep working with them, they are very organized and productive when it comes to selling.
Pros
Smaller Team
Cons
System needs an upgrade
Productive and fun workplace
Manukau - Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland5 March 2018
A typical day at work would be to serve customers, merchandise and do stock takes etc.
I learnt how marketing and sales work in a retail business (budget and store targets).
The management of strand bags is fantastic as everything has always been managed well. The workplace culture was amazing and the team was really hardworking and also fun.
The hardest part of working at strand bags was days where the individuals could not meet their targets/budget for the day. But also the most enjoyable part of this workplace was working with a group of amazing girls, manager and the environment we shared amongst each other. Meeting store target/budgets was the best part of our workplace too.
Pros
Company monthly dinner/drinks
fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland29 November 2016
Fun- compeditive environment to work in

Great management

Resonable pay offered

Secure and safe place

Work experience

Did work here that long
Pros
Meet alot of new people
Cons
compeditive inviroment
Fun work environment
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lower Hutt, N27 October 2015
A typical day involves interacting with customers and making sales.
I learned about all of our products.
I do take part in managing the store and running it when the manager isn't there
My co-workers are hard working and i get along with them.
The hardest part is trying to make budget when the store isnt busy.
The most enjoyable part of my day is talking to the customers because i love people and getting to know everyone.
Efficient, Fun, Close Knitted Team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Takapuna, Auckland19 January 2015
Met friendly and helpful team member with a supportive store manager. Have learned about store presentation, stock visual arrangement, sales, and some paperwork.
The most enjoyable part is meeting customers and interacting with them about travelling experience. Of course, when we received compliments from the customers about our products and services.
The hardest part of the job is having to deal with customer conflict especially during the busy time.
Loved it
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensgate, Lower Hutt30 September 2014
It was fun, the co workers were nice. I learnt a lot and am keen to work in the retail industry
Productive work life flow
Retail sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton,7 June 2014
Typical day will consist of general duties being done answering customers queries up-selling
Pros
friendly team
Cons
not enough hours and foot traffic coming in
Fast fun environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Te Awa, The Base Hamilton2 March 2014
Merchandising is a major key role of this store and keeping a positive vibe within he store at all times
Work and fun in one job
Team member/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Wellington CBD6 January 2014
Working at Strandbags was a pleasurable and a rewarding daily experience, having to learn about different needs of customers and using product knowledge to deliver excellent service to cater to their needs.

A typical day starts out with making sure that the merchandise in store was tidy and presentable; but also making sure that the store was clean and vaccumed. Through out the day staff members and management focus on customers as well as doing tasks such as.

* Unpacking stock
* Banking
* Checking targets
* Dealing with Bag Repairs.

The fellow staff members were polite, always smiling and respectful of each other.

The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with complaints from difficult customers, Although this part was challenging. It was also good training to follow company procedures when dealing with customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday but also unpacking the boxes that have just arrived.
Pros
Lovely, Amazing co workers, Staff discounts
Cons
Complaints from customers