Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

New Zealand112 reviews
I enjoyed the work as it was great money for a beginner and provided work experience. Now I am looking for something new that will allow me to go somewhere in life.
Pros
Good pay for younger people getting their first job
Cons
Not great for paying rent and supplying basic needs
It can be long hours with little thanks people can be quick to blame slow to own up when mistakes are made if you like a fun environment to work in not always the case.
You are not always able to take breaks because most of the time you are on your own
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Little to no thanks
Maybe I have a bias about any type of work but subway is like any fast food outlet, it's meanial you are on your feet all day and you learn to hate every customer who walks through the door. But hey its work right? If you have even slight mental health issues I would avoid jobs like this.
I would gladly work here again, great staff in a fast paced, hands on learning environment. The crew were supportive and passionate, uplifting and cheerful. A company full of life.
it was great to work there. i have had a experience of customer service as well.
greet customer with politely. ready to work at any time any situation.
Friendly welcoming, helping, understand and patient hard work really challenging but overall awesome and good easy learning team work is also really good. If anyone needs a hand some one is always there to help
When I was working there I learnt how to deal with customers and taking order.A part from that I increased my self-confidence as well as I became more self-independent.
I have learned multitasking skills such as making a sandwich, preparing food and cashiers. I could manage customers who waited the sandwich during preparing food. The hardest part is managing time with large numbers of customer. I really enjoy making sandwiches.
My years at subway has helped me grow on my skills at communicating with customers, developing friendships and responsibilities as I closed the store by myself. Health and Safety was a big role as its a food industry, I was made sure to follow the correct procedures while handling food. Walking into work was easy as it was an extremely friendly environment, a typical day included of mostly keeping the shop clean, making sandwiches, using immaculate social skills while talking to a customer and handling cash.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Was there for 5 years and still no raise in wage
I enjoyed working there
Loved serving customers

Making different types of sandwiches was excellent for me

Workplace culture was spot on, didn't have anybody being harassment at the workplace
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
I'm not saying they're all the same but the restaurant in which I worked in was a very uncomfortable place to be management were not supported or encouraging in any way what so ever, in the time I spent there I experienced racism first hand from a member of management, which resulted in other members of staff telling me they had experienced the same thing when I brought the issue forward to the owner of this franchise I was dismissed and later told this had happened many times before me.
It was a very fun time, having a fixed permanent part-time job the boss was fine with me taking days off due to university exam schedules, holiday leave, and sick leaves
El proceso de contratación es rápida pero la capacitación es mala, quieren que aprendas todo de memoria en un solo día y te hacen sentir inferior en todo momento.
Subway was a fast-paced enjoyable workplace with good people. Once you get to know everyone your day to day work becomes enjoyable. The pay, however, is low and there is not much room for advancement in the role.
I feel really good to work in subway because i learned lot of things like communication with new and more people, time management.
Overall it is good experience to work in subway.
Horrible job, pay, not good, cool team though, and you did manager duties without the title or the pay. Boss was nice though. Job wasn’t for me . It was a weird place to work.
It's a great place to work, and the people there make it easy to learn things quickly. It's a fast-paced environment, but is comfortable to manage. The great thing is that there's always work to do even when there aren't customers to serve.
You get worked like a dog for little pay, they are always understaffed so it's stressful. This was a busy store though. Flexible hours. They give you about 100 tasks to do per 8 hour shift, which doesn't include serving customers, which is an actual nightmare.
I work for Subway in Auckland Hospital, which is a busy place. I had a wonderful team and good management. However, the workload in subway is way huge as the restaurant is always busy. It was overall a good place to learn dealing with customers, improving our skills as a Team player, enhancing individual contribution for the restaurant growth etc.,
I worked at subway and had to resign due to living situations but also was planning on it because my pay was really bad and I was only on $14.16 per hour also the work staff were harassing and unfair
I was paid under minimum wage for the first three months and bullied by the owners. One time they paid everyone else but didn't pay me and yelled at me when I questioned them TWO days after my pay was supposed to go through. Staff themselves are super nice though.