Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

Fun work place
My years at subway has helped me grow on my skills at communicating with customers, developing friendships and responsibilities as I closed the store by myself. Health and Safety was a big role as its a food industry, I was made sure to follow the correct procedures while handling food. Walking into work was easy as it was an extremely friendly environment, a typical day included of mostly keeping the shop clean, making sandwiches, using immaculate social skills while talking to a customer and handling cash.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Was there for 5 years and still no raise in wage
Fun work environment
I enjoyed working there
Loved serving customers

Making different types of sandwiches was excellent for me

Workplace culture was spot on, didn't have anybody being harassment at the workplace
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
horrible place.
I'm not saying they're all the same but the restaurant in which I worked in was a very uncomfortable place to be management were not supported or encouraging in any way what so ever, in the time I spent there I experienced racism first hand from a member of management, which resulted in other members of staff telling me they had experienced the same thing when I brought the issue forward to the owner of this franchise I was dismissed and later told this had happened many times before me.
Energetic and fun workplace
It was a very fun time, having a fixed permanent part-time job the boss was fine with me taking days off due to university exam schedules, holiday leave, and sick leaves
Buena pero no tanto
El proceso de contratación es rápida pero la capacitación es mala, quieren que aprendas todo de memoria en un solo día y te hacen sentir inferior en todo momento.
Fun Workplace
Subway was a fast-paced enjoyable workplace with good people. Once you get to know everyone your day to day work becomes enjoyable. The pay, however, is low and there is not much room for advancement in the role.
Its fun to work in Subway
I feel really good to work in subway because i learned lot of things like communication with new and more people, time management.
Overall it is good experience to work in subway.
It’s a No from me
Horrible job, pay, not good, cool team though, and you did manager duties without the title or the pay. Boss was nice though. Job wasn’t for me . It was a weird place to work.
Great Workplace
It's a great place to work, and the people there make it easy to learn things quickly. It's a fast-paced environment, but is comfortable to manage. The great thing is that there's always work to do even when there aren't customers to serve.
Currently not recommendable
You get worked like a dog for little pay, they are always understaffed so it's stressful. This was a busy store though. Flexible hours. They give you about 100 tasks to do per 8 hour shift, which doesn't include serving customers, which is an actual nightmare.
Highly productive and learning place
I work for Subway in Auckland Hospital, which is a busy place. I had a wonderful team and good management. However, the workload in subway is way huge as the restaurant is always busy. It was overall a good place to learn dealing with customers, improving our skills as a Team player, enhancing individual contribution for the restaurant growth etc.,
Not good
I worked at subway and had to resign due to living situations but also was planning on it because my pay was really bad and I was only on $14.16 per hour also the work staff were harassing and unfair
It was okay
I was paid under minimum wage for the first three months and bullied by the owners. One time they paid everyone else but didn't pay me and yelled at me when I questioned them TWO days after my pay was supposed to go through. Staff themselves are super nice though.
Great for first work
Fast and really good for first work. Enjoyed my time would do it again. Staff were good to work with. Easy to learn. Friendly environment. Good work past
Great opportunity for young workers
It's a social, well-supported and positive place to work, especially for those who are in need of an after school, or after university job as hours and shifts vary, and employers will cater to needs.
Pros
Free food
Cons
its a good place to work for people who are students like me with studies to adjust your work life with personal life
managers and team is good, you get something different experiencing while you studying in new zealand. learning how to manage people in food industry and getting business knowledge how a food industry business works exactly
unfair business experience
my coworkers essentially sabotaged me, by saying I was doing things wrong in front the customers when I wasn’t, they also would disregard thorough cleaning and try to leave early while I tried my best to make sure the store was tip top shape for the coworkers the next morning. It was my first And only job, then I was removed off the schedule without warning or notice ; extremely unprofessional
Good
Working environment is friendly and Nice. Learning new things on regular basis. Lot of Customer interaction is there. Able to meet people of different mind set and culture. Try to coordinate with them and understand their requirements.
good place to work
this is enjoyable part of job. i learn too many things from there, such as good communication skills, customer services. workplace environment is such a friendly everyone is helpful. its worth for me to work there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some time less hours
Love my bosses, love meeting new people, love the fast speed of my job. Hate slow coworker's and ones that try boss you around when they are first starting. Hate coworkers that make you get out late at night when you could get out an hour earlier if they were at your speed.
Pros
Free 6 inch if your working for more than 3 hours. Unlimited soda drinks.
Cons
Slow coworker's
Good learning experience
As an 18 year old, I have learns so much from working at Subway, the workers taught me so many things that were so important to my future, they made growing up a lot easier than it should've been. A typical day at work is both fun and productive as you never know what the day is going to give you, the culture was good as I was looked after very well. There wasn't anything hard about the job but the most enjoyable part of the job has to be the interaction with customers and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Free lunch, Good discount, Nice co-workers