Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

New Zealand128 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 128 reviews matching the searchSee all 53,383 reviews

Casual

Very High stress workplace but okay for a part time job after school, or during uni. the fact the each store is owned individually means that each owner can get away with whatever they want and will try to under pay their staff.

Pros

Free Subs

Cons

Toxic Managment

friendly environment and nice food

It was an honour to be there. the people there are nice and the customers are also nice. It was close to my home so saves the travel.I enjoy making healthy food for the public.

About the job

It can be long hours with little thanks people can be quick to blame slow to own up when mistakes are made if you like a fun environment to work in not always the case.You are not always able to take breaks because most of the time you are on your own

Pros

Cheap food

Cons

Little to no thanks

Don't unless you're desperate

Maybe I have a bias about any type of work but subway is like any fast food outlet, it's meanial you are on your feet all day and you learn to hate every customer who walks through the door. But hey its work right? If you have even slight mental health issues I would avoid jobs like this.

Overall good starter job

I enjoyed the work as it was great money for a beginner and provided work experience. Now I am looking for something new that will allow me to go somewhere in life.

Pros

Good pay for younger people getting their first job

Cons

Not great for paying rent and supplying basic needs

Great

I would gladly work here again, great staff in a fast paced, hands on learning environment. The crew were supportive and passionate, uplifting and cheerful. A company full of life.

awesome

it was great to work there. i have had a experience of customer service as well. greet customer with politely. ready to work at any time any situation.

A good company on a normal day

Friendly welcoming, helping, understand and patient hard work really challenging but overall awesome and good easy learning team work is also really good. If anyone needs a hand some one is always there to help

Good experience

When I was working there I learnt how to deal with customers and taking order.A part from that I increased my self-confidence as well as I became more self-independent.

Good experience, learning different tasks and team members.

I have learned multitasking skills such as making a sandwich, preparing food and cashiers. I could manage customers who waited the sandwich during preparing food. The hardest part is managing time with large numbers of customer. I really enjoy making sandwiches.

Fun work place

My years at subway has helped me grow on my skills at communicating with customers, developing friendships and responsibilities as I closed the store by myself. Health and Safety was a big role as its a food industry, I was made sure to follow the correct procedures while handling food. Walking into work was easy as it was an extremely friendly environment, a typical day included of mostly keeping the shop clean, making sandwiches, using immaculate social skills while talking to a customer and handling cash.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Was there for 5 years and still no raise in wage

It was ok

Enjoyed the job. Not to hard, got on well with work mates. Got half price meals while working and family discounts. Management was fine didnt see them much as they lived out of town.

Pros

Half price lunches

Cons

Short staffed

Fun work environment

I enjoyed working there Loved serving customers Making different types of sandwiches was excellent for me Workplace culture was spot on, didn't have anybody being harassment at the workplace

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No cons

horrible place.

I'm not saying they're all the same but the restaurant in which I worked in was a very uncomfortable place to be management were not supported or encouraging in any way what so ever, in the time I spent there I experienced racism first hand from a member of management, which resulted in other members of staff telling me they had experienced the same thing when I brought the issue forward to the owner of this franchise I was dismissed and later told this had happened many times before me.

Energetic and fun workplace

It was a very fun time, having a fixed permanent part-time job the boss was fine with me taking days off due to university exam schedules, holiday leave, and sick leaves

Buena pero no tanto

El proceso de contratación es rápida pero la capacitación es mala, quieren que aprendas todo de memoria en un solo día y te hacen sentir inferior en todo momento.

Fun Workplace

Subway was a fast-paced enjoyable workplace with good people. Once you get to know everyone your day to day work becomes enjoyable. The pay, however, is low and there is not much room for advancement in the role.

Its fun to work in Subway

I feel really good to work in subway because i learned lot of things like communication with new and more people, time management. Overall it is good experience to work in subway.

It’s a No from me

Horrible job, pay, not good, cool team though, and you did manager duties without the title or the pay. Boss was nice though. Job wasn’t for me . It was a weird place to work.

Great Workplace

It's a great place to work, and the people there make it easy to learn things quickly. It's a fast-paced environment, but is comfortable to manage. The great thing is that there's always work to do even when there aren't customers to serve.

Currently not recommendable

You get worked like a dog for little pay, they are always understaffed so it's stressful. This was a busy store though. Flexible hours. They give you about 100 tasks to do per 8 hour shift, which doesn't include serving customers, which is an actual nightmare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7