Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Subway Employee Review

Don't unless you're desperate

19 September 2020
Maybe I have a bias about any type of work but subway is like any fast food outlet, it's meanial you are on your feet all day and you learn to hate every customer who walks through the door. But hey its work right? If you have even slight mental health issues I would avoid jobs like this.
22 July 2020
Same role
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I enjoyed the work as it was great money for a beginner and provided work experience. Now I am looking for something new that will allow me to go somewhere in life.
Pros
Good pay for younger people getting their first job
Cons
Not great for paying rent and supplying basic needs
9 June 2020
Same role
Subway sandwich artist (Former Employee) - Northcote, Auckland
I would gladly work here again, great staff in a fast paced, hands on learning environment. The crew were supportive and passionate, uplifting and cheerful. A company full of life.
20 May 2018
Same roleSame location
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) - Shirley
A typical day at work would involve preparing vegetables and meats, cleaning and maintaining the store and serving customers. I found the job to be very social and fun when serving customers. sometimes entertaining lets say. There is the odd rude customer but thats for any job really. Work was easy when taught how to do things properly. A good job for someone that is good dealing with a wide range of different personalities cause you do come across some random people. I didn't like the management of staff at my particular store, at one stage we were under staffed and were expected to work long hours for example, 9 in the morning til 9 at night.. our staff were exhausted after each week and we weren't getting enough days off even when we had asked, which was causing tension in the workplace. but of course this may be different at different stores. overall not a bad place to work, would recommend setting concrete boundaries about how many hours you'd like and specific days off, otherwise you may get pressured and walked all over. I enjoyed the wonderful people I came across while working here, was rewarding having a nice conversation and having the opportunity to make someone smile :)
Pros
half price on any sub, delightful customers
Cons
long hours, bad management
  1. Don't unless you're desperate