Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Subway Employee Review

Home #2

27 September 2015
I learnt a lot working here a typical day working at subway is pretty easy and well managed, I learnt most my work ethics from here like dealing with customers on a daily basis, dealing with complaints, maintaining a good quality of service and keeping the store clean and well maintained through daily activities. I learnt how to make transactions, recognising daily targets and meeting deadlines as well as being a team leader and working well within a team. Management was ok, my co workers are awesome and because we get along working here is fun and enjoyable and really feels like 1 big family. The hardest part of my job would probably be the training process (meaning - When it comes to training new staff multitasking is a huge MUST as you still need to maintain the store in good quality and train new staff members to be just as amazing as yourself and its not always easy). The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is having a good day and the day is flowing smoothly and it just makes the day easy and I like that.
Pros
flexibility with hours
Cons
No performance Review for long time workers
19 September 2020
Same role
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) - Shirley, Canterbury
Maybe I have a bias about any type of work but subway is like any fast food outlet, it's meanial you are on your feet all day and you learn to hate every customer who walks through the door. But hey its work right? If you have even slight mental health issues I would avoid jobs like this.
22 July 2020
Same role
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I enjoyed the work as it was great money for a beginner and provided work experience. Now I am looking for something new that will allow me to go somewhere in life.
Pros
Good pay for younger people getting their first job
Cons
Not great for paying rent and supplying basic needs
26 February 2017
Same roleSame location
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
i loved it, was my first job and learnt alot, how to deal with customers, food and safety, handling money and cash counts, how to bake bread cookies and have the store ready for the next day. learnt how to answer the phone in a work place and make orders, and many other things too.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
late finishes sometimes