Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Subway Employee Review

productive, busy workplace, friendly staff

9 September 2015
my typical day at work is usually quite busy and if not then there is always something to do, such as cleaning or food preparation.
during my time at subway i have learnt many skills (listed in my cv)

the management is good although i have not received any hours for long time (3 weeks in counting as of 9.09.15) when i was promised 12-15 hours a week. my co workers were all very friendly and welcoming and always helped me if i had a problem. the hardest part of the job is usually the rush hours, typically between 12-4. the most enjoyable part of the job is making the sandwiches for the customers and creating a different one each time.
Pros
discounted sandwiches
Cons
cleaning large customer areas
19 September 2020
Same role
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) - Shirley, Canterbury
Maybe I have a bias about any type of work but subway is like any fast food outlet, it's meanial you are on your feet all day and you learn to hate every customer who walks through the door. But hey its work right? If you have even slight mental health issues I would avoid jobs like this.
22 July 2020
Same role
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) - Dunedin, Otago
I enjoyed the work as it was great money for a beginner and provided work experience. Now I am looking for something new that will allow me to go somewhere in life.
Pros
Good pay for younger people getting their first job
Cons
Not great for paying rent and supplying basic needs
4 August 2019
Same location
Manager (Former Employee) - Christchurch, New Zealand
It's a social, well-supported and positive place to work, especially for those who are in need of an after school, or after university job as hours and shifts vary, and employers will cater to needs.
Pros
Free food