Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

Showing all 49,950 reviews
It was an honour to be there. the people there are nice and the customers are also nice. It was close to my home so saves the travel.I enjoy making healthy food for the public.
If you still are in high school then it isn't that bad of a gig. worked with nice employees, just beware of the boomers that bark orders with their chin strap mask.
Pros
free 6 inch sandwich every 4 hours
Cons
mean customers
This is a good place to start at. You get the chance to work with young people which is fun. However, it is just a job. You would want to move on to the next one. I must say that I do appreciate the flexibility they gave me
Owners of the subways in this area do not care about employees. Employees were often fired/didn't last. Employees were treated poorly; management never took the side of employees.
Our store was slowish, however during rushes was when I was left alone 2-3 hours (just 2 if my coworker showed up on time). It depends on where you work and how busy it is. The owners vary and so do their ethics. So check out multiple ones so you can get a feel for the vibe.
Pros
Got 50% discount, if people feel bad enough that you're working alone in a huge rush, they'll tip.
Cons
Strenuous, and at times you wonder if it's worth the money
Really poor management, if you work with great personality people it’s enjoyable but if you don’t it’s terrible. The owners don’t really appreciate their employees. Sometimes seem selfish.
Pros
Flexible schedule (sometimes)
Cons
Poor management, no paid time off
Not flexible with hours. Bad management. Absolutely no teamwork. Only a handful of good employees. Owner was extremely rude and creepy.Don't recommend
Pros
Sometimes a free 6" Sub
Cons
No breaks, shifts alone as a minor, bad management.
Quality and clenliness is not an important thing in the area I worked in. We were often forced to sell less than optimal product. If your looking for a job with little care for rules and regulations, this might be for you.
Pros
Easy time off, lax
Cons
Unorganized, poor training, messy, unenjoyable
Management and higher ups dont care about your personal on going in life, and have minimal respect for scheduling. Need a day off for an appointment, mostly doable, cant work certain hours cause of your home life, good luck. There is zero work and home balance. They put entirely too much onto employees and are extremely lazy themselves. As people, they are great. As bosses they are horrendous.
Pros
Free lunches, decent pay
Cons
No full time status.
My franchise in particular was wonderful. I loved my team and we were a family and could get things to run very smoothly. Majority of us having been there long term, the turnover rate was not a problem. Fast paced environment makes your shift go by quickly.
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful city
This is a good first job but don’t make the mistake of always saying yes to cover someone and or come in early because you could be asked every time after that. Most of the people are nice to work with but some can be a little stressful
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work life balance
Good pay and job. People were friendly.I got some food for free I worked most days I got one off and loved all my members and customers coming in they were great.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
Too much at once
They make you work by yourself at night with no help making almost 30 sandwiches an hour. It’s only minimum wage and you do a lot. District managers never do anything to fix problems are a lot of the managers are lazy.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k
Cons
No breaks, working by yourself
The customers at a walmart subway are entirely different than a regular one. There is always a problem with Subway being short staffed with the rush of customers coming in from walmart.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Understaffed
No help. No clear direction. Long hours .Little pay. No clear work roles. Management never listens. Schedule is never set on time. Constantly changing shifts without prior notice.
Pros
Free sandwich
Cons
Back breaking work
That was a great time when i m working in subwayGood for all things even management also good and so help full that franchise all things all and all
This company is outstanding with service who they provided to; all guests at subwaysome. employees even got personal and allowing some to always be loyal guests wile remembering their orders or simply asking about their day, work, hour
Pros
Free lunch, friendly guests
Cons
Very busy and good staff
Worked here for almost 4 years, two years through high school. This job was great. Someone with a willingness to learn new skills, ability to pick up patterns, and time management skills would excel here. Everything is pretty self explanatory and falls into a routine after a while. Sandwich builds are decently easy to memorize and all of the baking is extremely easy. This job is basically making sandwiches, cleaning and preparing the store for the next shift. Management and your coworkers definitely make or break your experience here. My location was small with a staff of 5-7 and I found myself picking up everyone’s slack a lot. Schedules being made super late. Creepy owner. Fair amount of AWFUL customers. I was set at assistant manager standard for most of my time here and never got a pay raise for it. I never got a pay raise my whole time there despite the longevity and being praised by higher ups on my hard work. My own personal experience with the staff aside, this is a perfect first job and I would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedule, fast paced, easy work
Cons
Staff, management
Extremely stressful. The rota for majority of my time here was non existent. The work life balance was almost impossible to balance, due to the fact that they only informed me about my next shift 12-15 hours prior to shift start. Weirdly enough had to remind them to pay my salary. The work itself is fine, can get quite busy, but thats to be expected in a fast food restaurant. Might be this specific branch, but I haven't heard anything good from friends working in different Subways either.
Pros
gets busy, free sandwich for staff
Cons
unreliable source of money/hours
every day is different. some days are very busy but when its less busy there is more time to interact with regular customers.My time in subway only helped me gain confidence.Working long hours for a rubbish pay, management was poor, non flexible hours , no off sometime
Cons
No time for a social life, long hours
I felt overworked in this job as in my particular shop many of the other employees took regular smoking breaks (which is fine) but sometimes left me as a new employee at a busy time, I also found that the owners of my particular shop had favourites and were pretty harsh on people they do not like. For example, firing someone over an argument and yelling at them for following subway protocol. I also applied for a full time job but my hours were reduced to as little as 5 hours a week.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Workload
  1. Employee Reviews