Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

Showing all 48,220 reviews
When I was working there I learnt how to deal with customers and taking order.A part from that I increased my self-confidence as well as I became more self-independent.
It was a great place with some good people. The people were very helpful and nice. They were very understanding, They worked with you, very patient. The hardest part about working there was you have to be very fast pace (especially serving military people on their lunch break.) and really listen to peoples order so you didnt mess it up. Plus pushing through so that everyone was served so they could be back to work in time. I think I loved working with everyone the most!
Pros
Good deals
Cons
Short breaks, no break room
The company was fine to work with, the pay wasn’t great but it was minimum wage. The management was nice and worked well with my home schedule. Not a place I’d want to work with for a long period of time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
A typical day was clocking in and heading straight into making sandwiches and prepping food. The coworker environment was very fun but I had problems with the way the manager treated us
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks
Absolutely loved my manager at the time, then a new one came and killed the vibe for everyone. Some food was left expired in refrigerater and put out to served the next morning, not everything was cleaned before leaving by night shift and ect..
It’s an overall really easy job a lot of one on one Interaction with customer service, lots of food preparation slight self management. Constant food safety an cautious food handling.
Constantly booming with business that will make a laid-back worker want to pull their hair out. The benefits are that time flies while you are working which can be a downside when closing after realizing everything still needs done.
The manager gets very disrespectful when you do something wrong or make a mistake and when I clocked out my staff was getting something to eat and had a attitude with me and said" you can leave now!"and took her hand shooing me and my staff was like she's okay she can stand here.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad communication, bad attitudes, yelling at customers
Fun and nonstressfull work environment. Our guests are very kind as well. I love it there. There is a lot to be done so you are able to stay busy. However, they are laid back and easy on the employees. Personally, a little too easy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough pay. They pay minimum and give no raises.
The company itself was good to work for though I would say the benefits leave something to be desired. There wasn't any incentive to work during the pandemic as a lot of places were offering bonuses and/or hazard pay.
Pros
50% off any sandwich while you worked
Cons
No breaks, low wages
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
There’s been lots of different types of management at these places(SUBWAY) I’ve been promoted to store manager here because I’m an exceptional leader. However I didn’t enjoy working here as much as I could have because although I’ve done lots of phenomenal training to staff, increased sales, and lowered food costs, etc. The owners of these locations can be somewhat difficult and unappreciative of their management and staff. They don’t always take out taxes or follow things according to company policy, & it doesn’t seem to matter to them if an employee is overworked & overpaid. This is another place to be slow to give raises even when they change your job title from team member to store manager.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unappreciative. Slow raises. Few benefits
Very friendly environment, most days have a steady flow of customers, employees are friendly, easy to catch on, there's always opportunities to move up the workplace
The Subway I was employed at wasn’t the best the manager and “assistant manager” were very unprofessional I was being cursed me for stating my opinions and thoughts I was never happy working with these two individuals I didn’t feel welcomed from these two and the owner of the store let it all happen and till this day their still working there I was fired because the managers didn’t like me!
Pros
Some decent employees, pay was ok, free 6inch every shift
Cons
Horrible Managers, unprofessional
was overworked and under bad management.. co-workers were unreliable and lazy. The only pros are the hours you get and if you enjoy customer service..
Pros
consistent hours and set schedule
Cons
overworked, poor management, no room to grow, bad co-workers
It's a job and it pays the bills. It's not bad. I'm just looking for a job that possibly pays a little more and with advancement possibilities. If your young and not worried about how much money you make and can handle a fast paced environment then this would be the job for you
Pros
50 % off
Cons
Fast paced environment not for everyone
It’s a good first job if it’s your first time working , it’s really easy . you learn to work with people and sometimes in overwhelming situations like a lunch rush you will get a great overall experience from working hands on .
Pros
Great experience
Cons
I think it was a decent place to work at and convienent. But mad management. You get 1 free lunch though throughout the day. Other than that when u don’t have good employees your on your own.
Pros
One free lunch
Cons
Bad management
I want to have a good paying job that I can have goals in life to set I hope me making this I can find some really good jobs that will let me be added to the team
Pros
Lunch was 1
Cons
The break I had was when we had no costumers
Not much intercommunication between crew members and management. Few hours, less than 20 per week, but the company wants you to be available to work on short notice whenever needed.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Few hours
This was my very first job and it was terrible. My boss was not professional at all, she’d talk to me about other staff members that she didn’t like and I was never paid on time. The work itself is enjoyable and preparing the food isn’t hard at all, but it all depends on who you’re stuck working with.
Manager would belittle employees, come in hung over and expect all the younger employees to do her job. Manager would gossip about employee to other staff members and to customers.