Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland17 reviews
I have learned multitasking skills such as making a sandwich, preparing food and cashiers. I could manage customers who waited the sandwich during preparing food. The hardest part is managing time with large numbers of customer. I really enjoy making sandwiches.
it was great to work there. i have had a experience of customer service as well.
greet customer with politely. ready to work at any time any situation.
I work for Subway in Auckland Hospital, which is a busy place. I had a wonderful team and good management. However, the workload in subway is way huge as the restaurant is always busy. It was overall a good place to learn dealing with customers, improving our skills as a Team player, enhancing individual contribution for the restaurant growth etc.,
this is enjoyable part of job. i learn too many things from there, such as good communication skills, customer services. workplace environment is such a friendly everyone is helpful. its worth for me to work there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some time less hours
As an 18 year old, I have learns so much from working at Subway, the workers taught me so many things that were so important to my future, they made growing up a lot easier than it should've been. A typical day at work is both fun and productive as you never know what the day is going to give you, the culture was good as I was looked after very well. There wasn't anything hard about the job but the most enjoyable part of the job has to be the interaction with customers and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Free lunch, Good discount, Nice co-workers
Go to work every morning being able to see new customers and connecting with them.

You learn about different cultures whether its your workmates or customers.

Everyone is there for you in every situation
I learned how to be independent and work better on my own. The hardest part was the language barrier between myself and the team because i was the only PI and Maori worker. But i LOVED working there, if i could go back i would by the click of a finger.
Subway is a fun but stressful workplace.My mainly duty was to assist Subway customers with orders, prepared food to customer specifications, operated cash registers and completed other jobs assigned by a Subway manager. I learnt a lot from my position, manager and other stuffs, including face-to-face customer service, cash register skill, working in fast pace in group and the importance of teamwork. Worked in Subway is a really nice experience for me.
I started of working at subway as a sandwich artistes,, and then moved on to a store in charge and then Assistant Manager ,, after today I look after the whole store as a Manager ,,, I really worked hard and still working at the same place ,, it been almost 4 yrs.
When I first joined Subway, I was new to this industry and did not know how to start with, everything seemed to be a challenge. I only thing I was confident about me was my communication skills and giving 100% customer satisfaction. But as the days past by, I learned many things like managing the stock, time management, picked up the speed to serve the customer. I am thankful to the management for giving me an opportunity to showcase my talent. I can proudly say that I make highest sales of promotional subs at my stores.

Overall, I am having great fun and experience at Subway.
Pros
fun, learning and of course free lunches
This company is actually Subway Franchisee and employer is not at all coopertaive interms of salaries & shifts.Work culture is again very irregular.
I really enjoy working at Subway and there are tonnes of positives about it. My co-workers are all lovely hard-working people who strive to make eachother's day to day jobs as easy as possible. Also, our particular Subway is located in a great community orientated suburb with lots of friendly locals who have become my regulars, whom I love to serve. However, like every job there are negatives. I've worked at Subway for over 8 months now and it lacks any challenge or difficulty. I'd love to get a job where I can use my skills better to challenge and develop myself. Also new pay opportunities are definitely welcome.
Pros
Amazing customers, nice management, cheap Subway.
Cons
Repetitive, too easy.
Working in Subway provides me with good experience and helps me to communicate with different people. Helps me to improve myself and even helps me to gain more knowledge about people. I enjoy working.
very warm and lovely people that come in there we alway had the cops come in they get free food from us
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
hours were great the pay was not.
I have always taken pride in my work, I love to work and I have always attempted to go work when I am required and called in.

I have gained and build confidence around new people because at work I meet new people almost everyday and achieved in communicating skills and created a good relationship with regular customers.

I have never came to work late, always been there before time. I come half an a hour before and start my start even knowing I wont be paid for starting early but I do not waste time.

at first communicating with people i found hard but after I gained confidence it was not hard anymore and I started enjoying and took pride in my work.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Less hours
Fun , great first time job, have learnt alot about customer services
co-workers were very friendly ane i had a great time with them.