Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews in Christchurch, Canterbury

Christchurch, Canterbury6 reviews
It's a social, well-supported and positive place to work, especially for those who are in need of an after school, or after university job as hours and shifts vary, and employers will cater to needs.
Pros
Free food
Cons
I have really enjoyed working with Subway over the past year and I feel that I have grown as a worker and am now able to take on a higher role in the business industry. I enjoyed working with others and greeting customers daily. The hardest part of the job would have to be working alone during a busy time of the day. However on the positive side, working at Subway has allowed me to gain a understanding of how to run a business.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Working alone during a busy time of the day
Working at Subway was a great experience, through dealing with customers constantly, and learning about the proper food handling. I have worked at a few Subways and have seen how some teams excel, while some management are unsure how to work with their employees.
Travel, evaluate, travel, evaluate, each visit was a different challenge.
I learned about learning... and how to run a evaluation.

I was the only consultant for a while and then they added a operations manager plus another consultant just before I resigned.

The hardest part of this job was to talk to owners on a level that they understood. Once you have it though it all turns to gold.

Learning and helping run the conferences would have to be the most enjoyable parts of this job.
Pros
Driving around that wonderful country. Loved the CEO's enthusiasm
Cons
Sometimes up to a week away from home and friends. Got use to it though.
my typical day at work is usually quite busy and if not then there is always something to do, such as cleaning or food preparation.
during my time at subway i have learnt many skills (listed in my cv)

the management is good although i have not received any hours for long time (3 weeks in counting as of 9.09.15) when i was promised 12-15 hours a week. my co workers were all very friendly and welcoming and always helped me if i had a problem. the hardest part of the job is usually the rush hours, typically between 12-4. the most enjoyable part of the job is making the sandwiches for the customers and creating a different one each time.
Pros
discounted sandwiches
Cons
cleaning large customer areas
It was a good work environment. I enjoyed it all. Had its downside. Co workers were amazing!!!!!
Hardest part was leaving as my mother was quite ill and i had to leave to care for her.

but all round it was an ok place to work
Pros
discounted lunch, meeting heaps of new customers
Cons
was boring