Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews in Shirley, Canterbury

A typical day at work would involve preparing vegetables and meats, cleaning and maintaining the store and serving customers. I found the job to be very social and fun when serving customers. sometimes entertaining lets say. There is the odd rude customer but thats for any job really. Work was easy when taught how to do things properly. A good job for someone that is good dealing with a wide range of different personalities cause you do come across some random people. I didn't like the management of staff at my particular store, at one stage we were under staffed and were expected to work long hours for example, 9 in the morning til 9 at night.. our staff were exhausted after each week and we weren't getting enough days off even when we had asked, which was causing tension in the workplace. but of course this may be different at different stores. overall not a bad place to work, would recommend setting concrete boundaries about how many hours you'd like and specific days off, otherwise you may get pressured and walked all over. I enjoyed the wonderful people I came across while working here, was rewarding having a nice conversation and having the opportunity to make someone smile :)
Pros
half price on any sub, delightful customers
Cons
long hours, bad management
Maybe I have a bias about any type of work but subway is like any fast food outlet, it's meanial you are on your feet all day and you learn to hate every customer who walks through the door. But hey its work right? If you have even slight mental health issues I would avoid jobs like this.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
  1. Shirley, Canterbury