Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager3 reviews
New Zealand3 reviews
reliable job
Its a pretty strict work place as they have lots of regulations, the best thing about it is who i get to work with and who i get to meet everyday. A typical day at work would be around 80-160 customers a day; stocking up front and making sure shop is clean.
For most shifts we work by oursleves expect the busy hours of 11am-2pm and 4pm-6pm.
Pros
half price discount
Cons
flexible hours
Great team environment
Working here for 5 years was a great time. I would highly recommend working here during Uni or school. The owner of my store was a lovely lady who would always be willing to help all staff which made my time as manager a lot easier.
Pros
Flexibility
Subway
While working at subway, it did not take me long to work my way up to the top. I went through a year and a half of seeing people fail. I always tried to help, but I felt that my opinion did not matter to the higher powers. Once I finally became Assistant Manager, Things really looked up for me. I started to love the job that I was doing and all of the staff enjoyed it as well. My manager at the time was someone that I definitely looked up to, and when she left a year later, the higher powers put me on as manager. That time was short lived as my partner and I have decided to move to New Zealand. In my honest opinion, once I became manager, I felt as though they valued my opinion even less. I do not know if that was it or I was just being silly, but I will say; Being assistant manager there for two and a half years was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Pros
Free lunch, exceptable pay.
Cons
13 hours a day sometimes with no overtime or recognition, always felt like opinions did not matter. (I want to make a difference.)