Subway Employee Reviews for Sandwich Maker

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 44,296 reviews
Currently not recommendable
Shift Manager & Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington5 October 2019
You get worked like a dog for little pay, they are always understaffed so it's stressful. This was a busy store though. Flexible hours. They give you about 100 tasks to do per 8 hour shift, which doesn't include serving customers, which is an actual nightmare.
Not good
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Greerton, Bay of Plenty22 September 2019
I worked at subway and had to resign due to living situations but also was planning on it because my pay was really bad and I was only on $14.16 per hour also the work staff were harassing and unfair
It was okay
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington26 August 2019
I was paid under minimum wage for the first three months and bullied by the owners. One time they paid everyone else but didn't pay me and yelled at me when I questioned them TWO days after my pay was supposed to go through. Staff themselves are super nice though.
its a good place to work for people who are students like me with studies to adjust your work life with personal life
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Albany, Auckland30 July 2019
managers and team is good, you get something different experiencing while you studying in new zealand. learning how to manage people in food industry and getting business knowledge how a food industry business works exactly
unfair business experience
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  1021 veterans blvd25 July 2019
my coworkers essentially sabotaged me, by saying I was doing things wrong in front the customers when I wasn’t, they also would disregard thorough cleaning and try to leave early while I tried my best to make sure the store was tip top shape for the coworkers the next morning. It was my first And only job, then I was removed off the schedule without warning or notice ; extremely unprofessional
Good
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Albany, Auckland22 May 2019
Working environment is friendly and Nice. Learning new things on regular basis. Lot of Customer interaction is there. Able to meet people of different mind set and culture. Try to coordinate with them and understand their requirements.
good place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 May 2019
this is enjoyable part of job. i learn too many things from there, such as good communication skills, customer services. workplace environment is such a friendly everyone is helpful. its worth for me to work there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some time less hours
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Geraldine, Canterbury1 March 2019
Love my bosses, love meeting new people, love the fast speed of my job. Hate slow coworker's and ones that try boss you around when they are first starting. Hate coworkers that make you get out late at night when you could get out an hour earlier if they were at your speed.
Pros
Free 6 inch if your working for more than 3 hours. Unlimited soda drinks.
Cons
Slow coworker's
Good learning experience
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland23 January 2019
As an 18 year old, I have learns so much from working at Subway, the workers taught me so many things that were so important to my future, they made growing up a lot easier than it should've been. A typical day at work is both fun and productive as you never know what the day is going to give you, the culture was good as I was looked after very well. There wasn't anything hard about the job but the most enjoyable part of the job has to be the interaction with customers and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Free lunch, Good discount, Nice co-workers
Productive and Fun Work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 October 2018
Go to work every morning being able to see new customers and connecting with them.

You learn about different cultures whether its your workmates or customers.

Everyone is there for you in every situation
subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury11 July 2018
my typical day at woek would be doing dishes and chores arounf th store but also serving customers.
the most enjoyable part was serving as it gave us something to do rather than dishes
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
delightful customers and cool workplace
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Shirley20 May 2018
A typical day at work would involve preparing vegetables and meats, cleaning and maintaining the store and serving customers. I found the job to be very social and fun when serving customers. sometimes entertaining lets say. There is the odd rude customer but thats for any job really. Work was easy when taught how to do things properly. A good job for someone that is good dealing with a wide range of different personalities cause you do come across some random people. I didn't like the management of staff at my particular store, at one stage we were under staffed and were expected to work long hours for example, 9 in the morning til 9 at night.. our staff were exhausted after each week and we weren't getting enough days off even when we had asked, which was causing tension in the workplace. but of course this may be different at different stores. overall not a bad place to work, would recommend setting concrete boundaries about how many hours you'd like and specific days off, otherwise you may get pressured and walked all over. I enjoyed the wonderful people I came across while working here, was rewarding having a nice conversation and having the opportunity to make someone smile :)
Pros
half price on any sub, delightful customers
Cons
long hours, bad management
Nice workplace
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Auckland4 March 2018
Subway is a fun but stressful workplace.My mainly duty was to assist Subway customers with orders, prepared food to customer specifications, operated cash registers and completed other jobs assigned by a Subway manager. I learnt a lot from my position, manager and other stuffs, including face-to-face customer service, cash register skill, working in fast pace in group and the importance of teamwork. Worked in Subway is a really nice experience for me.
Fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  New Zealand5 February 2018
A very fast paced environment where I learnt to be quick thinking and improved my face to face interaction with customers.
I was lucky enough to be part of a great team that made everyday of work fun and enjoyable, even when we were very stressed from being so busy!
A fantastic experience that has only furthered my interest in hospitality.
amazing
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Greerton, Bay of Plenty16 January 2018
fun \
hard working
interactive
working at subway greerton is like being in a family all of us are fun hardworking and enjoy being there we have great communication and we have great customer relationships
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Upper Hutt, Wellington11 January 2018
Picked up a lot of useful skills here reacting to food and customer service.Sometimes was chilled, sometimes was busy but altogether I enjoyed the work
Pros
Free lunches, Staff
Cons
Hours
Sandwich Artist 2016-2017
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury13 December 2017
I have really enjoyed working with Subway over the past year and I feel that I have grown as a worker and am now able to take on a higher role in the business industry. I enjoyed working with others and greeting customers daily. The hardest part of the job would have to be working alone during a busy time of the day. However on the positive side, working at Subway has allowed me to gain a understanding of how to run a business.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Working alone during a busy time of the day
Fun and weird workplace
Sandwich Artist & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Devenport21 November 2017
In day-to-day work, I needed to serve customers, make their sandwiches, and collect their money as a cashier.
Serving needed to be extremely efficient, e.g. serving each customer within 1.5 minutes.
The manager organized all the product handling, inventory storage, staff roster, etc.
The manager has a role to override all the controls.
Pros
free drinks
Has a few perks
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland3 September 2017
It all depends on your management and franchisees. The pay is very low at the one I worked at, the supervisors are on minimum. If you got busy you were borderline screwed creating a domino effect. There was one shift I worked where from 8:30 am til about 2:30-3:00 with no breaks. Personally I would not work there again.
Pros
Free post mix drinks and half price 6 inches
Cons
little to no breaks
Best fast food
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Titirangi, Auckland28 August 2017
Subway is a sandwich franchise which is available worldwide but with different material, salads, cheese slices and sauces. Taste also differs. While the services are very fast in comparison to the one in other fast food restaurants.
Pros
Fast service with hygienic food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

512.9K