Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews for Sandwich Maker

Sandwich Maker57 reviews
New Zealand57 reviews
Fun work place
My years at subway has helped me grow on my skills at communicating with customers, developing friendships and responsibilities as I closed the store by myself. Health and Safety was a big role as its a food industry, I was made sure to follow the correct procedures while handling food. Walking into work was easy as it was an extremely friendly environment, a typical day included of mostly keeping the shop clean, making sandwiches, using immaculate social skills while talking to a customer and handling cash.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Was there for 5 years and still no raise in wage
A good company on a normal day
Friendly welcoming, helping, understand and patient hard work really challenging but overall awesome and good easy learning team work is also really good. If anyone needs a hand some one is always there to help
Fun work environment
I enjoyed working there
Loved serving customers

Making different types of sandwiches was excellent for me

Workplace culture was spot on, didn't have anybody being harassment at the workplace
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Fun Workplace
Subway was a fast-paced enjoyable workplace with good people. Once you get to know everyone your day to day work becomes enjoyable. The pay, however, is low and there is not much room for advancement in the role.
Its fun to work in Subway
I feel really good to work in subway because i learned lot of things like communication with new and more people, time management.
Overall it is good experience to work in subway.
Great Workplace
It's a great place to work, and the people there make it easy to learn things quickly. It's a fast-paced environment, but is comfortable to manage. The great thing is that there's always work to do even when there aren't customers to serve.
Currently not recommendable
You get worked like a dog for little pay, they are always understaffed so it's stressful. This was a busy store though. Flexible hours. They give you about 100 tasks to do per 8 hour shift, which doesn't include serving customers, which is an actual nightmare.
Not good
I worked at subway and had to resign due to living situations but also was planning on it because my pay was really bad and I was only on $14.16 per hour also the work staff were harassing and unfair
It was okay
I was paid under minimum wage for the first three months and bullied by the owners. One time they paid everyone else but didn't pay me and yelled at me when I questioned them TWO days after my pay was supposed to go through. Staff themselves are super nice though.
its a good place to work for people who are students like me with studies to adjust your work life with personal life
managers and team is good, you get something different experiencing while you studying in new zealand. learning how to manage people in food industry and getting business knowledge how a food industry business works exactly
unfair business experience
my coworkers essentially sabotaged me, by saying I was doing things wrong in front the customers when I wasn’t, they also would disregard thorough cleaning and try to leave early while I tried my best to make sure the store was tip top shape for the coworkers the next morning. It was my first And only job, then I was removed off the schedule without warning or notice ; extremely unprofessional
Good
Working environment is friendly and Nice. Learning new things on regular basis. Lot of Customer interaction is there. Able to meet people of different mind set and culture. Try to coordinate with them and understand their requirements.
good place to work
this is enjoyable part of job. i learn too many things from there, such as good communication skills, customer services. workplace environment is such a friendly everyone is helpful. its worth for me to work there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some time less hours
Love my bosses, love meeting new people, love the fast speed of my job. Hate slow coworker's and ones that try boss you around when they are first starting. Hate coworkers that make you get out late at night when you could get out an hour earlier if they were at your speed.
Pros
Free 6 inch if your working for more than 3 hours. Unlimited soda drinks.
Cons
Slow coworker's
Good learning experience
As an 18 year old, I have learns so much from working at Subway, the workers taught me so many things that were so important to my future, they made growing up a lot easier than it should've been. A typical day at work is both fun and productive as you never know what the day is going to give you, the culture was good as I was looked after very well. There wasn't anything hard about the job but the most enjoyable part of the job has to be the interaction with customers and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Free lunch, Good discount, Nice co-workers
Productive and Fun Work environment
Go to work every morning being able to see new customers and connecting with them.

You learn about different cultures whether its your workmates or customers.

Everyone is there for you in every situation
subway
my typical day at woek would be doing dishes and chores arounf th store but also serving customers.
the most enjoyable part was serving as it gave us something to do rather than dishes
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
delightful customers and cool workplace
A typical day at work would involve preparing vegetables and meats, cleaning and maintaining the store and serving customers. I found the job to be very social and fun when serving customers. sometimes entertaining lets say. There is the odd rude customer but thats for any job really. Work was easy when taught how to do things properly. A good job for someone that is good dealing with a wide range of different personalities cause you do come across some random people. I didn't like the management of staff at my particular store, at one stage we were under staffed and were expected to work long hours for example, 9 in the morning til 9 at night.. our staff were exhausted after each week and we weren't getting enough days off even when we had asked, which was causing tension in the workplace. but of course this may be different at different stores. overall not a bad place to work, would recommend setting concrete boundaries about how many hours you'd like and specific days off, otherwise you may get pressured and walked all over. I enjoyed the wonderful people I came across while working here, was rewarding having a nice conversation and having the opportunity to make someone smile :)
Pros
half price on any sub, delightful customers
Cons
long hours, bad management
Nice workplace
Subway is a fun but stressful workplace.My mainly duty was to assist Subway customers with orders, prepared food to customer specifications, operated cash registers and completed other jobs assigned by a Subway manager. I learnt a lot from my position, manager and other stuffs, including face-to-face customer service, cash register skill, working in fast pace in group and the importance of teamwork. Worked in Subway is a really nice experience for me.
Fun workplace
A very fast paced environment where I learnt to be quick thinking and improved my face to face interaction with customers.
I was lucky enough to be part of a great team that made everyday of work fun and enjoyable, even when we were very stressed from being so busy!

A fantastic experience that has only furthered my interest in hospitality.
amazing
fun \
hard working

interactive

working at subway greerton is like being in a family all of us are fun hardworking and enjoy being there we have great communication and we have great customer relationships