Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Management reviews

New Zealand111 reviews
I'm not saying they're all the same but the restaurant in which I worked in was a very uncomfortable place to be management were not supported or encouraging in any way what so ever, in the time I spent there I experienced racism first hand from a member of management, which resulted in other members of staff telling me they had experienced the same thing when I brought the issue forward to the owner of this franchise I was dismissed and later told this had happened many times before me.
Maybe I have a bias about any type of work but subway is like any fast food outlet, it's meanial you are on your feet all day and you learn to hate every customer who walks through the door. But hey its work right? If you have even slight mental health issues I would avoid jobs like this.
I feel really good to work in subway because i learned lot of things like communication with new and more people, time management.
Overall it is good experience to work in subway.
Horrible job, pay, not good, cool team though, and you did manager duties without the title or the pay. Boss was nice though. Job wasn’t for me . It was a weird place to work.
I work for Subway in Auckland Hospital, which is a busy place. I had a wonderful team and good management. However, the workload in subway is way huge as the restaurant is always busy. It was overall a good place to learn dealing with customers, improving our skills as a Team player, enhancing individual contribution for the restaurant growth etc.,
I worked at subway and had to resign due to living situations but also was planning on it because my pay was really bad and I was only on $14.16 per hour also the work staff were harassing and unfair
my coworkers essentially sabotaged me, by saying I was doing things wrong in front the customers when I wasn’t, they also would disregard thorough cleaning and try to leave early while I tried my best to make sure the store was tip top shape for the coworkers the next morning. It was my first And only job, then I was removed off the schedule without warning or notice ; extremely unprofessional
A typical day at work would involve preparing vegetables and meats, cleaning and maintaining the store and serving customers. I found the job to be very social and fun when serving customers. sometimes entertaining lets say. There is the odd rude customer but thats for any job really. Work was easy when taught how to do things properly. A good job for someone that is good dealing with a wide range of different personalities cause you do come across some random people. I didn't like the management of staff at my particular store, at one stage we were under staffed and were expected to work long hours for example, 9 in the morning til 9 at night.. our staff were exhausted after each week and we weren't getting enough days off even when we had asked, which was causing tension in the workplace. but of course this may be different at different stores. overall not a bad place to work, would recommend setting concrete boundaries about how many hours you'd like and specific days off, otherwise you may get pressured and walked all over. I enjoyed the wonderful people I came across while working here, was rewarding having a nice conversation and having the opportunity to make someone smile :)
Pros
half price on any sub, delightful customers
Cons
long hours, bad management
Working as a casual employee at a Subway store in Hawke's Bay (not disclosing which as I don't wish to be tracked down or fired over this). The work itself is fast paced but isn't difficult once you get into the rhythm, and there's a great teamwork aspect. However, the managers of my store seem to pick favourites in terms of employees, giving some employees low hours while others are overworked.
Pros
Employee discounts; free soft drinks during shifts
Cons
Favouritism
I loved working here, if i could go back i would in a heart beat. I learned a lot working here, interacting with customers was awesome, management were professional, they trusted and believed in me alot. There wasnt a hard part about the job, i loved it .
It all depends on your management and franchisees. The pay is very low at the one I worked at, the supervisors are on minimum. If you got busy you were borderline screwed creating a domino effect. There was one shift I worked where from 8:30 am til about 2:30-3:00 with no breaks. Personally I would not work there again.
Pros
Free post mix drinks and half price 6 inches
Cons
little to no breaks
Subway is a sandwich franchise which is available worldwide but with different material, salads, cheese slices and sauces. Taste also differs. While the services are very fast in comparison to the one in other fast food restaurants.
Pros
Fast service with hygienic food
Cons
starting of the month was very busy.i learned a lot the things i never used before like logistics handling and orderings. and the management was awesome provided a great environment to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
less hours
A typical day at work is helping and prepping the food, making sure everything is prepared for the restaurant, also being able to be in a tidy manner. I had learnt how to serve customers, how to speak to others in a polite and appropriate way, how to cook and also how to work under pressure. management was really amazing and helped with situations that needed to be dealt with. Hardest part of working was working alone when i had first started. The most enjoyable part was how to cook and prepare for big functions and gatherings. Gave me a good customer service skills.
Pros
Discount Sandwhiches
Cons
Long Hours
You see a wide range of nationalities and its a healthy job to be in. Management is a little bit unfair and the work load is quite massive
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Horrible hours
Working at Subway was a great experience, through dealing with customers constantly, and learning about the proper food handling. I have worked at a few Subways and have seen how some teams excel, while some management are unsure how to work with their employees.
When I first joined Subway, I was new to this industry and did not know how to start with, everything seemed to be a challenge. I only thing I was confident about me was my communication skills and giving 100% customer satisfaction. But as the days past by, I learned many things like managing the stock, time management, picked up the speed to serve the customer. I am thankful to the management for giving me an opportunity to showcase my talent. I can proudly say that I make highest sales of promotional subs at my stores.

Overall, I am having great fun and experience at Subway.
Pros
fun, learning and of course free lunches
I loved working here the team and management was amazing I have met life long friends through the staff i worked with.

Was incredibly hectic through busy hours but incredibly enjoyable I loved it!!
I was the youngest employee and I felt that i was treated poorly most of the time. After i was let go i was still treated poorly and was no longer considered "welcome". There were specific co workers of mine that i respected. As for some others, not so much. Everyday was the same jobs, depending on which hours i worked though.
Pros
1/2 price on most of my lunch
Cons
Disrespect, was belittled, treated poorly, and was a victim of racism.
I learnt a lot working here a typical day working at subway is pretty easy and well managed, I learnt most my work ethics from here like dealing with customers on a daily basis, dealing with complaints, maintaining a good quality of service and keeping the store clean and well maintained through daily activities. I learnt how to make transactions, recognising daily targets and meeting deadlines as well as being a team leader and working well within a team. Management was ok, my co workers are awesome and because we get along working here is fun and enjoyable and really feels like 1 big family. The hardest part of my job would probably be the training process (meaning - When it comes to training new staff multitasking is a huge MUST as you still need to maintain the store in good quality and train new staff members to be just as amazing as yourself and its not always easy). The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is having a good day and the day is flowing smoothly and it just makes the day easy and I like that.
Pros
flexibility with hours
Cons
No performance Review for long time workers
my typical day at work is usually quite busy and if not then there is always something to do, such as cleaning or food preparation.
during my time at subway i have learnt many skills (listed in my cv)

the management is good although i have not received any hours for long time (3 weeks in counting as of 9.09.15) when i was promised 12-15 hours a week. my co workers were all very friendly and welcoming and always helped me if i had a problem. the hardest part of the job is usually the rush hours, typically between 12-4. the most enjoyable part of the job is making the sandwiches for the customers and creating a different one each time.
Pros
discounted sandwiches
Cons
cleaning large customer areas