Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Pay & Benefits reviews

New Zealand110 reviews
I enjoyed the work as it was great money for a beginner and provided work experience. Now I am looking for something new that will allow me to go somewhere in life.
Pros
Good pay for younger people getting their first job
Cons
Not great for paying rent and supplying basic needs
My years at subway has helped me grow on my skills at communicating with customers, developing friendships and responsibilities as I closed the store by myself. Health and Safety was a big role as its a food industry, I was made sure to follow the correct procedures while handling food. Walking into work was easy as it was an extremely friendly environment, a typical day included of mostly keeping the shop clean, making sandwiches, using immaculate social skills while talking to a customer and handling cash.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Was there for 5 years and still no raise in wage
I was paid under minimum wage for the first three months and bullied by the owners. One time they paid everyone else but didn't pay me and yelled at me when I questioned them TWO days after my pay was supposed to go through. Staff themselves are super nice though.
It's a social, well-supported and positive place to work, especially for those who are in need of an after school, or after university job as hours and shifts vary, and employers will cater to needs.
Pros
Free food
Cons
this is enjoyable part of job. i learn too many things from there, such as good communication skills, customer services. workplace environment is such a friendly everyone is helpful. its worth for me to work there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some time less hours
This is the first workplace i had. I felt this workplace is good for learning skills, such as faster, conmudication, carefully, etc.. I worked here for 2 years. I loved it
Pros
Discount 50% for staff
Cons
Short break
I liked it at first but overall its pretty standard with minimum wage and lots of work to do. I would imagine any other fast food is very alike. Fun because fast paced. Awesome people to work with which is what made it a little easier
Pros
free 6 inch per day.
Cons
long hours if you work night shift, lots of cleaning
It all depends on your management and franchisees. The pay is very low at the one I worked at, the supervisors are on minimum. If you got busy you were borderline screwed creating a domino effect. There was one shift I worked where from 8:30 am til about 2:30-3:00 with no breaks. Personally I would not work there again.
Pros
Free post mix drinks and half price 6 inches
Cons
little to no breaks
Col place meet new people everyday with your weekly regulars the coworkers are two as they say no two brains are the same in saying this we work in harmony and are able to discuss anything gaining loads of perspctives
Pros
Free drink half price food
Cons
Not easy to advance
that job was quiet awesome, i liked it, i worked more then 1 year, i had good experience in customer service, i learn how to make subways.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
i had a good time at subway all the employee/co-worker were really helpful and friendly towards me
i learnt how to prep food, deal with customer in a good working environment, having a good behavior had to always clean, and learnt health and safety requirements.
Pros
free sandwiches
Cons
It was a great place to work as a high school student and my first set of leadership skills and had a great experience working here.
Pros
free food and good environment to work in
Cons
nothing
really niece place to work . gain lots of experience. we get free lunches . get break time for rest . feel like family working.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very warm and lovely people that come in there we alway had the cops come in they get free food from us
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
hours were great the pay was not.
fast and motivated team.
individual work.

good management
Pros
free lunch
part time work while studying. good opportunity to earn money while focusing on work. i did everything from stock keeping to handling customers and banking.
Pros
free lunches and good money
Cons
less free time
Fun , great first time job, have learnt alot about customer services