Subway Employee Review

Subway
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnie, TAS30 April 2015
While working at subway, it did not take me long to work my way up to the top. I went through a year and a half of seeing people fail. I always tried to help, but I felt that my opinion did not matter to the higher powers. Once I finally became Assistant Manager, Things really looked up for me. I started to love the job that I was doing and all of the staff enjoyed it as well. My manager at the time was someone that I definitely looked up to, and when she left a year later, the higher powers put me on as manager. That time was short lived as my partner and I have decided to move to New Zealand. In my honest opinion, once I became manager, I felt as though they valued my opinion even less. I do not know if that was it or I was just being silly, but I will say; Being assistant manager there for two and a half years was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Pros
Free lunch, exceptable pay.
Cons
13 hours a day sometimes with no overtime or recognition, always felt like opinions did not matter. (I want to make a difference.)

Other Subway Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Rimutaka7 October 2019
It's a great place to work, and the people there make it easy to learn things quickly. It's a fast-paced environment, but is comfortable to manage. The great thing is that there's always work to do even when there aren't customers to serve.
Currently not recommendable
Shift Manager & Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington5 October 2019
You get worked like a dog for little pay, they are always understaffed so it's stressful. This was a busy store though. Flexible hours. They give you about 100 tasks to do per 8 hour shift, which doesn't include serving customers, which is an actual nightmare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

512.9K