Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

New Zealand108 reviews
Good experience
When I was working there I learnt how to deal with customers and taking order.A part from that I increased my self-confidence as well as I became more self-independent.
Fun and weird workplace
In day-to-day work, I needed to serve customers, make their sandwiches, and collect their money as a cashier.
Serving needed to be extremely efficient, e.g. serving each customer within 1.5 minutes.

The manager organized all the product handling, inventory storage, staff roster, etc.

The manager has a role to override all the controls.
Pros
free drinks
Has a few perks
It all depends on your management and franchisees. The pay is very low at the one I worked at, the supervisors are on minimum. If you got busy you were borderline screwed creating a domino effect. There was one shift I worked where from 8:30 am til about 2:30-3:00 with no breaks. Personally I would not work there again.
Pros
Free post mix drinks and half price 6 inches
Cons
little to no breaks
Best fast food
Subway is a sandwich franchise which is available worldwide but with different material, salads, cheese slices and sauces. Taste also differs. While the services are very fast in comparison to the one in other fast food restaurants.
Pros
Fast service with hygienic food
Cons
The company is a very nice company, they pay very well to people.the company is a very popular company in New Zealand which Avery body know. That's us i have to say about the company ok thanks.
First job
This was my first job which was at sometimes quite difficult. I alwasy tried my best when it came to customers requests. It was a good place to meet new people and make new friends.
Lovely working environment for students
I was happy to be a store manager for around 2 years, 3 years part time supervisor while I was studying in university. After graduated, I'd like to do something different which could better represent my knowledge that leart at university.
Pros
Different / unsure working hours
Cons
Meet different customers
good envrionment
the workplace is very friendly and colleagues are understanding and cooperative.its very fun to work with the mates. Subway is all about food and it makes you a great sandwich artist.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
fun work place
Day start putting money in tills and cashing up at the end of the day,filling shelves with smokes,sweets,i learnt how to order goodies for the store,i loved service customers and enjoying my day at work the hardest part was xmas time
Pros
getting a staff discount
fun workplace
starting of the month was very busy.i learned a lot the things i never used before like logistics handling and orderings. and the management was awesome provided a great environment to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
less hours
A typical day at work is helping and prepping the food, making sure everything is prepared for the restaurant, also being able to be in a tidy manner. I had learnt how to serve customers, how to speak to others in a polite and appropriate way, how to cook and also how to work under pressure. management was really amazing and helped with situations that needed to be dealt with. Hardest part of working was working alone when i had first started. The most enjoyable part was how to cook and prepare for big functions and gatherings. Gave me a good customer service skills.
Pros
Discount Sandwhiches
Cons
Long Hours
reliable job
Its a pretty strict work place as they have lots of regulations, the best thing about it is who i get to work with and who i get to meet everyday. A typical day at work would be around 80-160 customers a day; stocking up front and making sure shop is clean.
For most shifts we work by oursleves expect the busy hours of 11am-2pm and 4pm-6pm.
Pros
half price discount
Cons
flexible hours
fun workplace
i loved it, was my first job and learnt alot, how to deal with customers, food and safety, handling money and cash counts, how to bake bread cookies and have the store ready for the next day. learnt how to answer the phone in a work place and make orders, and many other things too.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
late finishes sometimes
Fun environment
You see a wide range of nationalities and its a healthy job to be in. Management is a little bit unfair and the work load is quite massive
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Horrible hours
Great way to build Customer Service Skills
Working at Subway was a great experience, through dealing with customers constantly, and learning about the proper food handling. I have worked at a few Subways and have seen how some teams excel, while some management are unsure how to work with their employees.
It was a good introduction to the coorprate world.
Travel, evaluate, travel, evaluate, each visit was a different challenge.
I learned about learning... and how to run a evaluation.

I was the only consultant for a while and then they added a operations manager plus another consultant just before I resigned.

The hardest part of this job was to talk to owners on a level that they understood. Once you have it though it all turns to gold.

Learning and helping run the conferences would have to be the most enjoyable parts of this job.
Pros
Driving around that wonderful country. Loved the CEO's enthusiasm
Cons
Sometimes up to a week away from home and friends. Got use to it though.
Fun
Col place meet new people everyday with your weekly regulars the coworkers are two as they say no two brains are the same in saying this we work in harmony and are able to discuss anything gaining loads of perspctives
Pros
Free drink half price food
Cons
Not easy to advance
Interesting
The work at Subway is great it is relaxed at times but busy the coworkers are fun caring people who you can talk to about absolutley anything as no two people are the same
Loved the job, super fun workers!
Was A really awesome job! I learned so much, food handling and prep ect.. It was a really stressful job during holidays as people would call in sick and we were understaffed so we had to do twice our job. My co workers were so cool, I got along with them really well.
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
Hard work scrubbing bread trays!
Great team environment
Working here for 5 years was a great time. I would highly recommend working here during Uni or school. The owner of my store was a lovely lady who would always be willing to help all staff which made my time as manager a lot easier.
Pros
Flexibility
its fun to work
day stars according to the roster enjoi working all dayco workers are really helpfull and cooprative most enjoiable part is customer service i really enjoi ot