Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

New Zealand108 reviews
Good experience
When I was working there I learnt how to deal with customers and taking order.A part from that I increased my self-confidence as well as I became more self-independent.
Working at Subway was fun and learnt a lot
I started of working at subway as a sandwich artistes,, and then moved on to a store in charge and then Assistant Manager ,, after today I look after the whole store as a Manager ,,, I really worked hard and still working at the same place ,, it been almost 4 yrs.
Meet new people with diverse culture and learn new things
When I first joined Subway, I was new to this industry and did not know how to start with, everything seemed to be a challenge. I only thing I was confident about me was my communication skills and giving 100% customer satisfaction. But as the days past by, I learned many things like managing the stock, time management, picked up the speed to serve the customer. I am thankful to the management for giving me an opportunity to showcase my talent. I can proudly say that I make highest sales of promotional subs at my stores.

Overall, I am having great fun and experience at Subway.
Pros
fun, learning and of course free lunches
fun workplace
that job was quiet awesome, i liked it, i worked more then 1 year, i had good experience in customer service, i learn how to make subways.
Pros
free lunch
hard working
i had a good time at subway all the employee/co-worker were really helpful and friendly towards me
i learnt how to prep food, deal with customer in a good working environment, having a good behavior had to always clean, and learnt health and safety requirements.
Pros
free sandwiches
great work place
It was a great place to work as a high school student and my first set of leadership skills and had a great experience working here.
Pros
free food and good environment to work in
Cons
nothing
Great Place to work
I loved working here the team and management was amazing I have met life long friends through the staff i worked with.

Was incredibly hectic through busy hours but incredibly enjoyable I loved it!!
Not Satisfactory
This company is actually Subway Franchisee and employer is not at all coopertaive interms of salaries & shifts.Work culture is again very irregular.
Not my cup of tea
I was the youngest employee and I felt that i was treated poorly most of the time. After i was let go i was still treated poorly and was no longer considered "welcome". There were specific co workers of mine that i respected. As for some others, not so much. Everyday was the same jobs, depending on which hours i worked though.
Pros
1/2 price on most of my lunch
Cons
Disrespect, was belittled, treated poorly, and was a victim of racism.
Home #2
I learnt a lot working here a typical day working at subway is pretty easy and well managed, I learnt most my work ethics from here like dealing with customers on a daily basis, dealing with complaints, maintaining a good quality of service and keeping the store clean and well maintained through daily activities. I learnt how to make transactions, recognising daily targets and meeting deadlines as well as being a team leader and working well within a team. Management was ok, my co workers are awesome and because we get along working here is fun and enjoyable and really feels like 1 big family. The hardest part of my job would probably be the training process (meaning - When it comes to training new staff multitasking is a huge MUST as you still need to maintain the store in good quality and train new staff members to be just as amazing as yourself and its not always easy). The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is having a good day and the day is flowing smoothly and it just makes the day easy and I like that.
Pros
flexibility with hours
Cons
No performance Review for long time workers
Fun workplace
Having to work with different people from all sorts of background has given me a lesson of learning how to treat others according to their needs and differences.
Pros
coworkers are very kind
Cons
don't get to work the hours you have requested
Enjoyable Workplace
Good place to start your career in terms of customer service and learning how to perform multitasks within the time period.
productive, busy workplace, friendly staff
my typical day at work is usually quite busy and if not then there is always something to do, such as cleaning or food preparation.
during my time at subway i have learnt many skills (listed in my cv)

the management is good although i have not received any hours for long time (3 weeks in counting as of 9.09.15) when i was promised 12-15 hours a week. my co workers were all very friendly and welcoming and always helped me if i had a problem. the hardest part of the job is usually the rush hours, typically between 12-4. the most enjoyable part of the job is making the sandwiches for the customers and creating a different one each time.
Pros
discounted sandwiches
Cons
cleaning large customer areas
Loved the customers
This was an extremely hard place to work for, we were always under staffed at peck hours. The management were horrible and would talk behind every ones back, constantly ask you to work extra hours/start early or finish late. Never made you feel like you were doing good enough but as soon as i was out in front of the customer they could not tell any of this was going on cause i had a big smile on my face and had the best customer service skills in mind.
Pros
Cheap Sadwiches
Cons
Everything else
nice place to work
really niece place to work . gain lots of experience. we get free lunches . get break time for rest . feel like family working.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good workplace but not full-time
subway is a good place to work, if you are studying or have to jobs, but they do not give you full time work, so your not getting enough to live. iv learnt a lot like making sandwiches, how to do cash at and cash in, restocking all the food and drinks, we don't have management just the co-workers who are awesome to work with and you become good friends with them, but like in every job you have your ups and downs but you get though it.. the hardest part of the job is having to work alone in the early morning and late at night and it doesn't help when your busy. i mostly enjoy been there with your co-workers and serving the awesome costumers.
Repetitive job but with rewarding customers and great management.
I really enjoy working at Subway and there are tonnes of positives about it. My co-workers are all lovely hard-working people who strive to make eachother's day to day jobs as easy as possible. Also, our particular Subway is located in a great community orientated suburb with lots of friendly locals who have become my regulars, whom I love to serve. However, like every job there are negatives. I've worked at Subway for over 8 months now and it lacks any challenge or difficulty. I'd love to get a job where I can use my skills better to challenge and develop myself. Also new pay opportunities are definitely welcome.
Pros
Amazing customers, nice management, cheap Subway.
Cons
Repetitive, too easy.
gained alot of experence
It wasn't a bad job I learnt customer service for five years in till management changed and I got let go apart from that the job was more then helpful to me the job involved making sure everything was up to the customers standards and to make sure they were more then happy with what they received
Pros
every to hours i got a free sandwich
Cons
hours were always up and down
Subway
While working at subway, it did not take me long to work my way up to the top. I went through a year and a half of seeing people fail. I always tried to help, but I felt that my opinion did not matter to the higher powers. Once I finally became Assistant Manager, Things really looked up for me. I started to love the job that I was doing and all of the staff enjoyed it as well. My manager at the time was someone that I definitely looked up to, and when she left a year later, the higher powers put me on as manager. That time was short lived as my partner and I have decided to move to New Zealand. In my honest opinion, once I became manager, I felt as though they valued my opinion even less. I do not know if that was it or I was just being silly, but I will say; Being assistant manager there for two and a half years was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Pros
Free lunch, exceptable pay.
Cons
13 hours a day sometimes with no overtime or recognition, always felt like opinions did not matter. (I want to make a difference.)
Awesome team member
My duties on a daily basis included welcoming customers with a warm smile, taking their orders, and making them delicious subs, having product knowledge about what sauces I would recommend with each sub, preparing food & making sure it was stored correctly in the refrigerator, handling cash - at the end of the night, I would count up all the money in the till and cash up a balance for the next day.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers as we motivated each other.

I started working at subway at the age of 15, my boss was organised, but I will admit that I made mistakes while serving customers (putting too much, or not enough lettuce on the customer's sub) and I would get very embarrassed when my boss would publicly growl me. This made me aware of how I was doing my job, and what I could improve of.
Pros
Discounts on 6inch and 12inch subs
Cons
Closing late (sometimes)
great experience
working at subway is such a great time , it is easy to get along well with the other workers and get work done. i learnt alot of things here,including cleaning, eftpos, cash register . i enjoyed making customers happy.