Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

New Zealand108 reviews
Good experience
When I was working there I learnt how to deal with customers and taking order.A part from that I increased my self-confidence as well as I became more self-independent.
Safe and Positive Environment
Working in Subway provides me with good experience and helps me to communicate with different people. Helps me to improve myself and even helps me to gain more knowledge about people. I enjoy working.
Productive and fun work place
Was a fun but serious working environment which made coming to work enjoyable
I learnt how to work in a fast pace environment, learnt how to prepare the food, change the drink machines, how to operate the till and do cash drops.

Management was really helpfull with training etc.

Co-workers we all got along well and hung out after work.

There wasn't really anything hard about working at subway.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers to the store and being able to get their order ready for them for quick service.
Pros
Half price lunch
busy workplace
dealing with different people.
preparing salads.

baking bread and cookies.

moping floors.

opening and locking up building.

flexibility of working hours.

plenty of staff.

management were dodgy and staff were let go.
Pros
Job
Cons
mangement were dodgy
fun workplace
It was great working in subway snce one and half year. I have got to know and learn so many things about nz people and nl culture while workng in subway. I have become more confident in talking with multi-culture people. More over i have got great experience woking in such fast food company.
Fun and busy
I learned so much from this job, how to make a sandwich properly, how to do things properly!! My co-workers were ok, some a bit rude! but rest ok. the hardest part was when it was busy and there would be only two people on.
Pros
Free lunches, people
Cons
Hours!!!
Educational and Fun
Subway was a great place to be at for me at that time of my life. I learned plenty about myself in personal environment and at work. At Subway I had my first supervisor role and learned to manage a store, look after senior and junior staff as well as build a rapport with my customers as well as suppliers.

I basically started my day by going to the store an hour before opening and start baking the bread, filling up the fridges to make sure everything is set for the day, do the till and start preparing the veggies for the afternoon shift. Then I open the Store at 7 am and that's when customers starts coming and ordering,

at that point I start looking after customers orders and make sure everything is handled smoothly and efficiently.

I also looked after my staff's health and safety and made sure that they always felt protected in their work environment.

Subway was an amazing experience that I truly cherish.
Pros
Free Parking and lunches
Cons
On call during opening hours
fun workplace
it was a great way of working as a team and working with different people and cultures. the job is really crusie and I loved it
Pros
free lunch
Working with many different many
Awesome learning and working experience, working at 4 subway restaurants over 3 years collectively under the best management with like minded people. Enjoyable part was having happy and satisfied customers who always returned. Hardest part dealing with workers who just wouldn't blend to what was required.
Pros
working with an Awesome Team
Cons
fussy customers and lazy workers
Good at my experience
I have learned the Experience with the kiwi people (Newzealand people called so ) and also enjoyed working with them with the different nature and work .
making bread was kool
very warm and lovely people that come in there we alway had the cops come in they get free food from us
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
hours were great the pay was not.
fun workplace
it was fun at work, easy to open and close the store,
learnt a lot how to communicate with customers and handle them in a professional way.

co-workers were nice and helpful.

hard part of the job is not having enough staff when required and result loosing customers.

enjoyable part of the job was when you serve the customer with best attitude and making them satisfied with our service.
Pros
free lunch in 8 hours shift
Nice place to work, horrible staff
A typical day at work included cleaning, preparing sandwichs,salads, toasties, hot drinks, cleaning , preparing veg and meat, cleaning customer areas.
Pros
Free Sandwichs
Cons
Long hours... No breaks hardly
I enjoy doing customer service especially when the elderly demand to have fresh vegetable instead of the displayed one. I am very helpful to them to fulfill their request.
Pros
5% staff discount
Cons
odd hours
Fun, enjoyable workplace
This was a good environment to work. Had an awesome boss who looked out for all of us. Co-workers were mostly students which could be hard at times, being the only full-time staff member. There was no real management which was hard but we managed majority of the time, Loved the customer service part of the role. Dealing with customers was fun and I really enjoyed building relationships with regular customers.
Pros
Relationships with customers
Cons
Long hours, No set management
Subway Otaki
This was a great workplace, everybody was best friends and the owners were very friendly and easy to talk to. I really enjoyed working here but after two and a half years I felt it was time to move on because there was no advancements for me to make. I felt it was not helping me work towards a career which is what I want. I need to be challenged in the workplace !
Pros
Small Staff Discounts, Friendly Team! Great Bosses
Cons
Late Shifts, sometimes working alone at 9pm... Felt a bit unsafe sometimes
taking order and prosucing subway
fast and motivated team.
individual work.

good management
Pros
free lunch
Crazy chapter but fun.
Working at subway was a once in a lifetime experience , key word once. Butt i'm glad I done it, had a great team and great managers.
Good Experience and team work
I am enjoying my subway experience and all my staff memebers are good.
Also it is located at good place

Pros
Good employees
Cons
nothing bad experience
Subway
I have always taken pride in my work, I love to work and I have always attempted to go work when I am required and called in.

I have gained and build confidence around new people because at work I meet new people almost everyday and achieved in communicating skills and created a good relationship with regular customers.

I have never came to work late, always been there before time. I come half an a hour before and start my start even knowing I wont be paid for starting early but I do not waste time.

at first communicating with people i found hard but after I gained confidence it was not hard anymore and I started enjoying and took pride in my work.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Less hours
highly focused on results
part time work while studying. good opportunity to earn money while focusing on work. i did everything from stock keeping to handling customers and banking.
Pros
free lunches and good money
Cons
less free time