Sudima Hotels
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Sudima Hotels Employee Review

Dull and depressing.

25 August 2018
I spent 1 day at the Sudima Hotel for my Careers work at James Cook High School and my experience there was not as great as I had thought. Working at a hotel made me excited and I wanted to learn as much as I could. A group of students was on this work experience with me and I was split up from the rest so I was left by myself which I thought was unfair but I carried on anyway. A worker took me to different rooms and she briefly explained to me what I had to do which was only to restock the fridge products and watch her when I was done. She finally taught me how to make the hotel beds and commented that I have done a great job and then left me for an hour, I was lost as I was by myself so I searched for the other students and worked with them. Later we had to prepare the dining place for dinner and then it was home time. My Careers teacher got back to me with some false negative feedback from the employee that took me and I did not go back as I was supposed to do the project for 5 days because I felt uncomfortable. The CEO was very nice and made us students feel more comfortable.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Unprofessional employees.
20 May 2020
Same role
Nice workers, hardest part for me was i like to work fast pace and some days were slow, enjoyed meeting guests and getting alot of good feed backs from cleaning each room, time management was on point. I enjoy working as house keeper and cleaner.
7 September 2016
Same role
was a fun holiday job, it was fun to meet new people, hardest part was to work in the heat, my co workers we nice to me as i was new, typical day at work was really hot
Pros
free lunch
Cons
24 November 2019
Loved working there moved because I was moving to Australia. Worked at Suidma for just under 3 years at the Auckland Airport branch in the restaurant.