Sudima Hotels
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Sudima Hotels Employee Reviews

They look after good workers well and have a great team and excellent managers. Sudima core values include looking after hard working staff and going the extra mile.
Pros
great staff management
Cons
low wage
It is a good place for me who loves a fast paced and challenging environment.
I learned independence and decisions considering others' cooperation and opinions for the good of the workplace.
Lovely staff that made me feel very welcome in most situations. A few managers certainly need additional training and the rota comes out late so you had to be very flexible. However, pay was fair and the job is relatively stress free day to day.
Nice workers, hardest part for me was i like to work fast pace and some days were slow, enjoyed meeting guests and getting alot of good feed backs from cleaning each room, time management was on point. I enjoy working as house keeper and cleaner.
it was a fun and welcoming environment that was an amazing experience for a first time job and the management was very open with timing when it came to working around school work
Loved working there moved because I was moving to Australia. Worked at Suidma for just under 3 years at the Auckland Airport branch in the restaurant.
Sudima Hotels always looking after their employees. Lots of opportunities to develop withing company across different departments from housekeeping to financial and management levels.
Very few opportunities to show your charisma. Not a welcoming place as ideas aren’t valued or taken into consideration.
Management needs a broader view and an open mindset of different ideas and skill set from others.

More encouraging gestures can and should be demonstrated and shown to new and/or younger workers.
Cons
Long Hours; hard work is not valued.
Great staff, everyone gets on and works hard together. Management are pretty cool to, very friendly.
Good perks - lunch, training, employee of the month, credits

Cheap room rates
Pros
nice lunches normally, cheap to stay at other sudima hotels
Cons
hours not always enough when quiet
Everyone always going out of there way to help not only the guests but each other as co workers. Always striving to improve our customer care every day
Pros
Meals provided
Cons
Not enough hours
I am completely satisfied. I have learnt a lot there. I am feeling very confident now in terms of work.Also , looking in future the same,
This job has given me confident
-Sudima gives good opportunities with their career developments within the company and very supportive in providing genuine guidance for their future goals.

-Sudima provides enough courses / trainings in areas that you are interested in or could be helpful , beneficial for both career and own personnel.

-Management knows most of employee's names and often interact with them in open friendly manner.

-Sudima rewards your hardworking.

-Very diversity and has great working culture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Occasionally system does not keep up with our work loads and gets frustrated and hard, in which affects both employee and most importantly the guests.
Pros
Work Location
Cons
No Staff Room
I spent 1 day at the Sudima Hotel for my Careers work at James Cook High School and my experience there was not as great as I had thought. Working at a hotel made me excited and I wanted to learn as much as I could. A group of students was on this work experience with me and I was split up from the rest so I was left by myself which I thought was unfair but I carried on anyway. A worker took me to different rooms and she briefly explained to me what I had to do which was only to restock the fridge products and watch her when I was done. She finally taught me how to make the hotel beds and commented that I have done a great job and then left me for an hour, I was lost as I was by myself so I searched for the other students and worked with them. Later we had to prepare the dining place for dinner and then it was home time. My Careers teacher got back to me with some false negative feedback from the employee that took me and I did not go back as I was supposed to do the project for 5 days because I felt uncomfortable. The CEO was very nice and made us students feel more comfortable.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Unprofessional employees.
This job has given me confident
Training is pretty good however they expect you to know what is in every dish after a couple of weeks (unrealistic). A part from that it is an easy job with good coworkers.
Cons
Only hired Part-Time. Only guaranteed 10 hours min aswell as never knowing when you are finished.
learned so many things from my collegues,the hotel is awesome,management also fine,and good to stay at there and the been delicious at its peak coz of the chefs out there...
Worked in hangi,concerts,buffets & ala carte..Real friendly staffs,really thanking to got an oppurtunity to work there...
Sudima Hotel offers great opportunitys to learn if you are willing and able to put in the hard yards.

They have regular meetings to keep staff informed which can include rewards and prezzys
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Pay
was a fun holiday job, it was fun to meet new people, hardest part was to work in the heat, my co workers we nice to me as i was new, typical day at work was really hot
Pros
free lunch
Cons
We have to ensure our customer service level quality in daily basis through a solid team work a cross the function and with supportive, attentive Management team.

A dynamic co-workers as we came from a variety of background and cultural, work together to do the job including the challenging ones such like to meet the target with limitation of sources. Nevertheless it would be pay off during the employee social event.
I have learnt so many things from Sudima Hotel which help me to be more productive.
I got opportunity to work in different areas such as Accounts,Restaurant and Reservation.

I co workers are so efficient in their job and wonderful people to work with them.

i don't think there is any hardest thing,but if any me solve it and manage it.

The thing i really like in Sudima is every movement you learn things because it's a airport hotel any busy at all time
Pros
fun
Cons
career growth
Working in Sudima is amazing when it comes to the staff whom are at your level or just above you. The Assistant General Manager is amazing and tries her best to do everything she can for all staff. Owners are lovely people and always nice to have them in the hotel. Friendly, good characters. The most enjoyable part of the job is engaging conversation with guests. The hardest part will be to be acknowledged more often for hard work being put in by staff but other than that its an amazing group of people.
Pros
Staff friendliness, staff meals, amazing Asst GM
Cons
Short hours for most part time workers, Stability