Sudima Hotels
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sudima Hotels Management reviews

New Zealand25 reviews
Relaxing
Nice workers, hardest part for me was i like to work fast pace and some days were slow, enjoyed meeting guests and getting alot of good feed backs from cleaning each room, time management was on point. I enjoy working as house keeper and cleaner.
fun and balanced with school work
it was a fun and welcoming environment that was an amazing experience for a first time job and the management was very open with timing when it came to working around school work
Looking after their employees
Sudima Hotels always looking after their employees. Lots of opportunities to develop withing company across different departments from housekeeping to financial and management levels.
No Modern Advancements
Very few opportunities to show your charisma. Not a welcoming place as ideas aren’t valued or taken into consideration.
Management needs a broader view and an open mindset of different ideas and skill set from others.
More encouraging gestures can and should be demonstrated and shown to new and/or younger workers.
Cons
Long Hours; hard work is not valued.
Great team spirit, whanau feel, i am valued
Great staff, everyone gets on and works hard together. Management are pretty cool to, very friendly.
Good perks - lunch, training, employee of the month, credits

Cheap room rates
Pros
nice lunches normally, cheap to stay at other sudima hotels
Cons
hours not always enough when quiet
Good Career Development and Caring Work Place
-Sudima gives good opportunities with their career developments within the company and very supportive in providing genuine guidance for their future goals.

-Sudima provides enough courses / trainings in areas that you are interested in or could be helpful , beneficial for both career and own personnel.

-Management knows most of employee's names and often interact with them in open friendly manner.

-Sudima rewards your hardworking.

-Very diversity and has great working culture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Occasionally system does not keep up with our work loads and gets frustrated and hard, in which affects both employee and most importantly the guests.
Pros
Work Location
Cons
No Staff Room
Dull and depressing.
I spent 1 day at the Sudima Hotel for my Careers work at James Cook High School and my experience there was not as great as I had thought. Working at a hotel made me excited and I wanted to learn as much as I could. A group of students was on this work experience with me and I was split up from the rest so I was left by myself which I thought was unfair but I carried on anyway. A worker took me to different rooms and she briefly explained to me what I had to do which was only to restock the fridge products and watch her when I was done. She finally taught me how to make the hotel beds and commented that I have done a great job and then left me for an hour, I was lost as I was by myself so I searched for the other students and worked with them. Later we had to prepare the dining place for dinner and then it was home time. My Careers teacher got back to me with some false negative feedback from the employee that took me and I did not go back as I was supposed to do the project for 5 days because I felt uncomfortable. The CEO was very nice and made us students feel more comfortable.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Unprofessional employees.
summary
learned so many things from my collegues,the hotel is awesome,management also fine,and good to stay at there and the been delicious at its peak coz of the chefs out there...
Worked in hangi,concerts,buffets & ala carte..Real friendly staffs,really thanking to got an oppurtunity to work there...
Good place for NZ entry level job
We have to ensure our customer service level quality in daily basis through a solid team work a cross the function and with supportive, attentive Management team.

A dynamic co-workers as we came from a variety of background and cultural, work together to do the job including the challenging ones such like to meet the target with limitation of sources. Nevertheless it would be pay off during the employee social event.
good place to work
friendly staff and management.

good staff meals and benefits.

free parking. annual review.

opportunities to develop stable career.
Productive and fun workplace
Sofitel hotel was my first workplace when I was in Fiji. As my first job in Sofitel hotel I have learnt a lot. The management and co-worker were really helpful and supportive towards our job.
Pros
free lunch and uniform
Cons
normal hours