Super 8 Motels

Super 8 Motels Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,376 reviews

Management Super 8 Windsor

They were amazing the management will always do their due diligence but they lack in compensation, but it is understandable in the education level/stress level of the job itself.

Pros

Good management, great enviroment

Cons

pay

Poor Workplace

No advancement poor management no raise low quality not enough hours given as it depends on how many rooms are checking out and how many stay overs if there are not enough then you will not be called in best to work if you already have a job that gives you hours

What is the best part of working at the company?The people I worked with and for. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The customers that think they own the place and dint need to fallow the rulesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was a vast diversity and a interesting environment. What is a typical day like for you at the company?It was work till noon, then lunch, then it was sitting around and fixing the small things around the building

Great environment to work in

Super 8 was and probably always will be on of my favorite places of employment. The people you work for and with there all are amazing. And they work with you of something comes up and you need to leave work, and they will work with you if you need days off as well.

Pros

Amazing people. Fun work environment

Cons

Not enough hours, and the pay isn't very good

Good work enviroment

The people I worked with were great. Owners are unreachable. No help with training for job advancement. Pay was terrible was less then you could make doing the same job right down the street.

Pros

People

Cons

No reliable schedule

A good job but maybe somewhere else

I really like my job and worked hard but there is a great deal of favortism. If the manager doesn't like you you aren't treated fairly. There are no benefits.

Pros

Non

Cons

No breaks for front desk no pto

good if u really need a job

The management is poor and there’s no opportunity for advancement. This is a good starter job to give u practice then you can move on to a hotel that pays more.

Management gives no support

Management doesn't support or give you all you need to do the job. When problems are brought to maintenance they are not pro active and just ignore the problems.

Productive and exciting environment to work in. Challenging but yet rewarding.

Staying busy to make the time go by faster. Not to always be in one areas and move around, change of scenery. Interact with the Public and provide a blissful atmosphere awhile delivering packages.

No time all the time

I did not enjoy my time here. I was one of 4 people who worked the front desk, and I was expected to work an 8 hour shift alone. I wasn’t allowed to leave for lunch, so I always had to order and/or bring my lunch with me. Walking around the hotel to “check” things was the only time I left the front desk, and it was rare that got to happen. Most nights were super busy; we worked with the airport to give people in delayed flights rooms for the night and I was expected to answer 100 phone calls from stranded passengers, figure out where they were (which isn’t easy because most people have no idea) , send a shuttle, and check them in. I’d be getting calls back to back with a line of people out the door angry that I was working alone and making my job harder. A lot of times we’d sell out and have to call the airport to let them know not to send people to us and they’d do it anyway so I’d have to deal with angry passengers pretty often as well. Getting time off was also a no-go. We were a small team with designated hours to work and if I needed to call in for any reason I was guilt tripped into coming in anyway. The one time I got into a car accident I was accused of lying even when I had proof and told to come in anyway, and when I caught covid I was expected to finish my shift and keep working. I had to blatantly tell them no, then I got two weeks off but not without a checkup every other day to see if I was still sick so I could come back to work. I want trained properly and any time I made a mistake a different coworker would take the time to tell me I messed up but not how. -

Pros

None that I recall

Cons

No breaks, low pay, bad management, unhealthy work environment

Supper 8 is great place to stay when you're on vacation everything you need is very close by and your on short bugeat

If ever you want to get away and have a great weekend too relax and enjoy your weekend I recamend super 8 for your relaxing advintureThat's the good part of staying at supper 8. The bad is that the hotel don't have elevators

Pros

Always clean and healthy place

Cons

Avoid getting a room near the highway vehicles go by loudThe highway freeway

What is the best part of working at the company?Don't like a thing about it except you work aloneWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stay sick all the time there.

Love the guest!!! But management.....

I did enjoy working with the guest. But the owners/management definitely needs some work. Depending on their mood is how they will treat you on a day to day basis.

It's ok

It's an easy job but working nights can be tiring. No room for growth. Working the front Desk is as faras you'll get, at least at my location. No benefits either

What is the best part of working at the company?Their willingness to work with ones schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?It's work of course it will be stressful at timesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Pleasant. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Expected to do your job in a timely manner

Confusing

Let go with no other explanation aside from the "at will" law. Would have been better if I would have had a chance to defend myself and fight for the job I really loved.

What is the best part of working at the company?The hours and some of the staff..meeting new peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Some of the staff not doing there job just playing around at workWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's ok could be cleaner

What is the best part of working at the company?The work environment. I enjoyed the people who work with me as the housekeeperWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?I really can't answer that because I was never stressed it was a very peaceful place to work atWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment is peaceful and unstressfulWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Me in federal employees working together as a team

Environnement de travail

Travail très bon , rythme accélérer, la seul point négatif, la salaire très basTu peut travailler six jours

Pros

Travaille comme dans votre projet privé

Cons

Pas d'assurances dentaires

Very understanding

I had an emergency where I had to take off 3 days and they were so understanding and compassionate about my situation and constantly called and asked if everything okay

It's a little better than prison.

Nasty place to stay and work. Cheap owners do not care about employees or spending money on an old dilapidated building full of bugs. Everything is slapped together with tape. One of the few places I've worked where my paycheck bounced. That really says it all. Don't work here unless you just wanna give up on life.

Pros

Sometimes you find drugs to dull the pain of working here.

Cons

Cleaning up poo off the floor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Super 8 Motels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Super 8 Motels