Supercheap Auto
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Supercheap Auto Employee Review

Enjoyable and Friendly

28 September 2016
I enjoyed interacting with the customer on a day to day basis.
I would always have customers willing to have a chat.

The company have a really good set up system that helps to develop knowledge quickly and easily.

The management was really well done, always organised with himself and the employees.

The staff was friendly and easy to get along with.

The hardest part of the job was probably when it gets really busy

and was unable to keep up.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have been learning new things about or to do with vehicles such as parts.
Pros
Extensive Vehicle knowledge
Cons
Opening every Sunday morning
7 November 2017
Same role
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) - North Shore City, Auckland
With such a large difference in the attitudes of individual managers and supervisors, there really is no accurate way to tell if the store you're set to work at will be an enjoyable experience, or a nightmare. The people who work at the stores are generally great to get along with, usually with similar interests, but the managers in charge seem to be pushed by the superiors to only care about numbers and bonuses.

What results is an environment where you feel like a number making machine, or just a number yourself to the company. You won't be made to feel welcome in this company, but instead be made to feel like you're replaceable. This attitude of "meet these numbers or we'll find someone else who can" really permeates this whole chain of stores and it's a real shame.

All of this would be ok if the pay reflected the often demanding work and under-staffing - but of course it doesn't. You will probably find yourself getting paid minimum wage as a general store assistant, even if your skills seem to sit higher up on the 'pay scale' document they have available for employees to view. What this says to me is "I would pay you less if I could, and I don't care what our documents say".

This is all of course if you even get given shifts on your zero hour contract.

Good staff discount though! so at least there's that...
Pros
Good discount, Good co-workers
Cons
Zero hour contracts, Managers pushy about getting their bonuses
21 April 2020
Replenishment, pick packing, devanner (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Learnt alot from working here from my supervisor. Started out devanning then my supervisor wanted to keep me on working her so she taught me to replenish, pick pack when pickers needed help meeting there picking target for the day.
21 May 2019
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland
Management was always clear with their instructions when directing staff with tasks. Management at supercheap always pushed staff to their full potential.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks