Supercheap Auto

Supercheap Auto Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

4.0Pay & Benefits
3.7Job Security & Advancement
Great people spoiled by a terrible managerial system
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Shore City, Auckland7 November 2017
With such a large difference in the attitudes of individual managers and supervisors, there really is no accurate way to tell if the store you're set to work at will be an enjoyable experience, or a nightmare. The people who work at the stores are generally great to get along with, usually with similar interests, but the managers in charge seem to be pushed by the superiors to only care about numbers and bonuses.

What results is an environment where you feel like a number making machine, or just a number yourself to the company. You won't be made to feel welcome in this company, but instead be made to feel like you're replaceable. This attitude of "meet these numbers or we'll find someone else who can" really permeates this whole chain of stores and it's a real shame.

All of this would be ok if the pay reflected the often demanding work and under-staffing - but of course it doesn't. You will probably find yourself getting paid minimum wage as a general store assistant, even if your skills seem to sit higher up on the 'pay scale' document they have available for employees to view. What this says to me is "I would pay you less if I could, and I don't care what our documents say".

This is all of course if you even get given shifts on your zero hour contract.

Good staff discount though! so at least there's that...
Pros
Good discount, Good co-workers
Cons
Zero hour contracts, Managers pushy about getting their bonuses