Tai Poutini Polytechnic Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
A awesome enjoyable place to work and learn to safely on the lovely west coast of New Zealand
Student (Current Employee) –  Greymouth, S20 May 2014
Head to site with all PPE gear required for the job description. Tool box meetings often recognizing any new potential hazards and danger or issues arising. Start up the generator for power to site making sure all machinery goes through the Pre Start operation sheets and when finished shut downs are done properly. Job sheets change daily depending on the type of work. I have learned all about and completed also read all MSD sheets, health and safety requirements, operating machinery manuals, Learnt alot in Quarrying, Mining and Civil Construction industries. Can operate most machinery and look after it to a high standard. I enjoy working with a variety of different machines, people men and women from all over the world. The hardest part of the job is being female and short. I enjoy completing the job tasks set out to the highest of standards and pressure I love a challenge. When I started this experience I was only interested in the Mining Industries and now can work in the Civil Construction fields and Quarry industries but the passionate affair is with'n open cast mining. I love being a machine operator and working in remote areas.
Pros
Heavy machines, great knowledge, Primo BBQ's and awesome people
Cons
not long enough hours 8 hours is a day limited job oportunites and rains alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tai Poutini Polytechnic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5