Talent Propeller Careers Employee Reviews

Inspirational leadership and growth opportunities galore!
Client Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Auckland12 November 2019
Pros: Friday social events, career progression, work travel, flexibility, and part-time opportunities or work from home.

Cons: It is a fast-paced environment which in itself is not bad, but one can sometimes forget to breathe and smell the roses.

Advice: Keep doing what you are doing, but don't forget to smell those roses too.

Review: This is a great company with an amazing business model and there are opportunities to grow and develop if you are willing to work hard and collaboratively. I have seen some of the other reviews on this site and though some of it may be true, such as the fast-pace, many neglected to highlight the more important aspects which are that we take care of each other, we work hard together and we strive to be better and do the best for our teammates and our clients.
You can check in anytime you want but you can never leave
Confidential to avoid continued bullying (Former Employee) –  Confidential12 August 2019
The business is management heavy and leadership poor. You may have a title but no relevant power.

Most managers grew up and old together in this business and no new voices or ideas have been welcomed in the last decade.

A culture of prescribing how things are to be done, telling people what and how to do business as opposed to trusting the team you hired to bring fresh ideas have become the norm and whern you attempt to go outside the norm and bring a fresh idea to the table, you are judged and ostracized for it.
13 August 2019

We have already responded to several other posts from this disgruntled employee on this site. The user has been reported to Indeed.

There are reasons certain people simply can’t be managers
Confidential for fear of additional future bullyin (Former Employee) –  Confidential1 August 2019
Innovative and entrepreneurial are not words I would use to describe this lot. There was a good idea a long time ago but management was too egotistical to listen to good advice from staff and clients alike and now sit with an idea that’s been done and improved on and then. There may have been some level of copy cats but is it really a copy if someone improved the concept to the point that it is nowhere near as mediocre and strangely enough a concept that is very well known in other areas of the world, particularly the UK and Europe. It begs the question, who copied whom.

Management inspires by fear, belittling staff and outright swearing at them in front of everyone. When management make mistakes they are the victim and are quick to pass the blame on, but when employees err, they are called out, publicly humiliated, demoted and either worked out or fired.

There is absolutely no trust, no flexibility or hope to earn a decent market salary. Bonuses are promised, as are increases, then new goals and kpi’s which are such a dated way of managing and measuring performance are forced on everyone without consultation or consideration and an approach of get onboard or get something elsewhere is taken and seen as ok.

You are talking to people about brand perception and image and the importance thereof, yet you seem to not care about your own brand and the fact that staff are continually driving mass-exodus from the firm with a steady stream of replacements being sought in what is know to be a tight market yet unable to fill key roles when people decide to leave the bullying culture
  more... 2 or 3 to 6 months in.

You are supposed to know how to help others assess culture, great journeys and experience, brand image and perception but I wonder how strong the stream of customers leaving will be once they realize how you treat, or actually mistreat, truly good people with the best work ethics and drive I’ve seen in a long time.

Many of the senior managers have been with the business since it started and clearly never managed people before and together they all decided what good management looks like but let me tell you a secret, you have no idea, none of you.

Get some new managers in with a different perspective, listen to them and empower them and step back For the general population, allow them creative freedom too and to feel confident and comfortable about making suggestions and trying it. You are only proving how little you know about it all and the look is not good.

Micromanaging was never effective and if someone works overtime consistently without as much as a thanks, you still dock pay or force them to take leave. That is such bad form.

Kitchens get closed in immature ways preventing staff access rather than finding a solution to a possible problem like discussions with cleaners and staff.

The pace is tough but doable however the workload is not. There are some doing 2 or 3 people’s jobs yet treated like rubbish.

There are entire teams on the brink of leaving again. You can choose to let it happen with the attitude that you will merely replace them, which you hopefully know by now is not as easy, and you firget that keeps you going steadily towards the entire brand name driven into the ground. Or, invest in your people. Trust them and listen to them.

For the love of pete, stop name calling, immature communication styles and swearing at them.

Try to be positive and supporting and you may be pleased to see a total shift in happiness, productivity and revenue that inevitably will follow.
5 August 2019

To anyone reading this review, the person writing it is a disgruntled ex-employee who is using social media and reviews on multiple sites as a way of trying to damage the company since her departure. Had any complaints or concerns been raised about bullying , either by current or former employees, we would have addressed it immediately. The damaging behaviour being described is not something those who work hard every day and are proud of their work at Talent Propeller would stand for.

Flexible hours and supportive team
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland31 July 2019
I work part-time here and the company offer flexible work hours to accommodate my study schedule. This is perfect for people in similar situations.

The management and team members are very supportive. When a team member is unavailable the rest will share his/her workload without a word. Everyone is aimed to get things done in the most efficient way.

Innovation and ownership are strongly encouraged, and the employees who work hard or smart are rewarded with recognition, fast promotion and decent pays.

The management are constantly seeking for new directions and new business areas while maintaining the quality of existing services. I believe the company will continue thrive in this dynamic environment.
Management is moving them backwards
Recruitment Partner (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand21 July 2019
For a company that describes themselves as "innovative" and "disruptors" this, unfortunately, is far from the case now. Despite having talented, passionate employees, management seems determined to squash that enthusiasm with a top-heavy management style. Management is far from supportive, with staff feeling like they are walking on eggshells for fear that their manager would blow up.

While many companies are moving towards more fluid and flexible working conditions, Talent Propeller is going the complete opposite direction. Breaks were timed and monitored and flexible hours were not allowed (e.g. working 9 - 6 instead of 8 - 5) unless you had an in with the managers.

Things move at a fast pace, as you would expect from a recruitment company, but instead of being fun and working collaboratively, management has drifted to a more micro-management style. Work became more about how much you could push out than actual partnering with clients. It felt as if management would prefer robots over innovative, creative thought-leaders.

The company has a lot of potential, but the management style and how they treat their staff is holding them back.
24 July 2019

It is disappointing when ex employees use public forums to smear the reputation of a business and their former manager. Addressing poor performance and attendance is not something any manager relishes and there are always two sides to a story.

Some roles just can’t be flexible without impacting on our responsiveness to clients and that’s always discussed upfront when a job offer is made. Where job performance is up to standard and an opportunity opens up for part time or remote access, we have plenty of staff (current and former) who have enjoyed this flexibility

Fun workplace
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Auckland4 July 2019
This is the place you can grow with the company.
There is a friendly working environment, suppotive teammates and good stmosphere of professinalism.
Company supports you to achieve work/life balance by providing flexible hours and inhouse consultation.
Enjoyable job
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  New Zealand3 July 2019
The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to provide exceptional customer service via innovative approach, and being part of a self renewable team.
Great work/life balance
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland29 October 2018
I enjoy the flexibility I have and the autonomy of my role. Throughout my career here I have had opportunities to work in several countries and in different areas of the business. It is fast paced and at times really busy but the people here are great and there are lots of opportunities for career development.
Pros
Day off on your birthday, rewarded for achievements, great team of people, innovative company
Never looked back!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Auckland29 October 2018
Talent Propeller is a revolutionary way to recruit and having spent many years in the industry prior, it was quite a shock to see how it was done, when done right.

It's fast paced and some days its so busy you barely leave your seat, but the rewards and how my career has progressed is awesome!
Efficient and great company culture
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  auckland29 October 2018
Got a great job which balances my life work. Every partner in the company is working so hard and efficiently. You can always get response and answers fast. Plus, the corporation has a very sophisticated system which just make daily work go well. The most amazing attraction in this company is the people here.
My graduate job
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland31 January 2017
Talent Propeller was my first real workplace after I finished uni. Joining the team was the best decision I ever made. Thanks to a supportive, driven and knowledgeable team of colleagues and mentors I feel like I'm on an amazing career trajectory.