Talent Propeller Careers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Talent Propeller Careers Employee Reviews

New Zealand12 reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Talent Propeller. I was part of the development team and spent a year working offshore before relocating to the Auckland office with the full support of the owners. I received clear instructions for each project and got regular feedback on my work. After a year I was assisted with relocating to New Zealand which had always been a dream. The company assisted me in obtaining Visa's and I was met at the airport by the owner and hosted at her residence until I found a place of my own. The entire team were welcoming and helped me to settle into my new country. The projects I worked on were interesting and challenging. The owner and my Manager are hard working people who don't ask anything of the team that they wouldn't do themselves. They hold people accountable and rightly so - no-one should have to carry another team member so they aren't afraid to call someone out if they have forgotten the values of team work, honesty and transparency. It seems some of the other reviews here are from my colleagues who were more interested in their kitchen chat sessions than delivering on their promises. I always found the workload realistic, the work interesting and the people great.
It was like no culture I’ve ever experienced. Everyone walks on eggshells all the time as management has explosive personalities. They lack people skills and are dishonest and deceptive. We had to make up marketing material to lie to clients about what is working and what not and what are industry best practices and whatnot just to support what we were trying to get sales teams to sell. We’d for instance state that seek doesn’t deliver and that jobboards are dying when in fact that is not true. I had to help with the new brand launch that is going live and is based on dog’s being a mans best friend. What hogwash. The entire new brand is based on what HainesAttract already does well with their posts about dogs in the office and their use of dog related puns and not creative at all. Probably because they are a bunch of dogs and they treat their staff and customers like dogs. The measures they will go to is insane and the lies never end. I couldn’t wait to get out and suggest you avoid getting in at all.
15 March 2020
The person who wrote this review, and is responsible for all of the recent reviews, was dismissed from our company due to serious misconduct. This person has set about to slander our business online. This person has attempted to spread their slander across multiple platforms, most of which have already banned them due to the fake online profiles they have created to post these comments. To anyone reading this, the comments are false and written by someone who’s intent is to slander and intimidate.
The business is management heavy and leadership poor. You may have a title but no relevant power.

Most managers grew up and old together in this business and no new voices or ideas have been welcomed in the last decade.

A culture of prescribing how things are to be done, telling people what and how to do business as opposed to trusting the team you hired to bring fresh ideas have become the norm and whern you attempt to go outside the norm and bring a fresh idea to the table, you are judged and ostracized for it.
13 August 2019
We have already responded to several other posts from this disgruntled employee on this site. The user has been reported to Indeed.
Innovative and entrepreneurial are not words I would use to describe this lot. There was a good idea a long time ago but management was too egotistical to listen to good advice from staff and clients alike and now sit with an idea that’s been done and improved on and then. There may have been some level of copy cats but is it really a copy if someone improved the concept to the point that it is nowhere near as mediocre and strangely enough a concept that is very well known in other areas of the world, particularly the UK and Europe. It begs the question, who copied whom.

Management inspires by fear, belittling staff and outright swearing at them in front of everyone. When management make mistakes they are the victim and are quick to pass the blame on, but when employees err, they are called out, publicly humiliated, demoted and either worked out or fired.

There is absolutely no trust, no flexibility or hope to earn a decent market salary. Bonuses are promised, as are increases, then new goals and kpi’s which are such a dated way of managing and measuring performance are forced on everyone without consultation or consideration and an approach of get onboard or get something elsewhere is taken and seen as ok.

You are talking to people about brand perception and image and the importance thereof, yet you seem to not care about your own brand and the fact that staff are continually driving mass-exodus from the firm with a steady stream of replacements being sought in what is know to be a tight market yet unable to fill key roles when people decide to leave the bullying culture
 - more...
5 August 2019
To anyone reading this review, the person writing it is a disgruntled ex-employee who is using social media and reviews on multiple sites as a way of trying to damage the company since her departure. Had any complaints or concerns been raised about bullying , either by current or former employees, we would have addressed it immediately. The damaging behaviour being described is not something those who work hard every day and are proud of their work at Talent Propeller would stand for.
I work part-time here and the company offer flexible work hours to accommodate my study schedule. This is perfect for people in similar situations.

The management and team members are very supportive. When a team member is unavailable the rest will share his/her workload without a word. Everyone is aimed to get things done in the most efficient way.

Innovation and ownership are strongly encouraged, and the employees who work hard or smart are rewarded with recognition, fast promotion and decent pays.

The management are constantly seeking for new directions and new business areas while maintaining the quality of existing services. I believe the company will continue thrive in this dynamic environment.
For a company that describes themselves as "innovative" and "disruptors" this, unfortunately, is far from the case now. Despite having talented, passionate employees, management seems determined to squash that enthusiasm with a top-heavy management style. Management is far from supportive, with staff feeling like they are walking on eggshells for fear that their manager would blow up.

While many companies are moving towards more fluid and flexible working conditions, Talent Propeller is going the complete opposite direction. Breaks were timed and monitored and flexible hours were not allowed (e.g. working 9 - 6 instead of 8 - 5) unless you had an in with the managers.

Things move at a fast pace, as you would expect from a recruitment company, but instead of being fun and working collaboratively, management has drifted to a more micro-management style. Work became more about how much you could push out than actual partnering with clients. It felt as if management would prefer robots over innovative, creative thought-leaders.

The company has a lot of potential, but the management style and how they treat their staff is holding them back.
24 July 2019
It is disappointing when ex employees use public forums to smear the reputation of a business and their former manager. Addressing poor performance and attendance is not something any manager relishes and there are always two sides to a story.

Some roles just can’t be flexible without impacting on our responsiveness to clients and that’s always discussed upfront when a job offer is made. Where job performance is up to standard and an opportunity opens up for part time or remote access, we have plenty of staff (current and former) who have enjoyed this flexibility
This is the place you can grow with the company.
There is a friendly working environment, suppotive teammates and good stmosphere of professinalism.

Company supports you to achieve work/life balance by providing flexible hours and inhouse consultation.
The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to provide exceptional customer service via innovative approach, and being part of a self renewable team.
I enjoy the flexibility I have and the autonomy of my role. Throughout my career here I have had opportunities to work in several countries and in different areas of the business. It is fast paced and at times really busy but the people here are great and there are lots of opportunities for career development.
Pros
Day off on your birthday, rewarded for achievements, great team of people, innovative company
Talent Propeller is a revolutionary way to recruit and having spent many years in the industry prior, it was quite a shock to see how it was done, when done right.

It's fast paced and some days its so busy you barely leave your seat, but the rewards and how my career has progressed is awesome!
Got a great job which balances my life work. Every partner in the company is working so hard and efficiently. You can always get response and answers fast. Plus, the corporation has a very sophisticated system which just make daily work go well. The most amazing attraction in this company is the people here.
Talent Propeller was my first real workplace after I finished uni. Joining the team was the best decision I ever made. Thanks to a supportive, driven and knowledgeable team of colleagues and mentors I feel like I'm on an amazing career trajectory.