Target

New Zealand8 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 62,704 reviews

stepping stone

If target wants to continue to grow as a guest centered organization they need to have team members who have a vested interest and WANT to be there. As long as they only offer part time and low paying positions they will continue to attract high school students with limited availability. Raising the starting pay and offering 35+ hours to the regular team members would be a greatly appreciated improvement. This detail would also help to negate the stress of dealing with leaders who are only focused on goals and not team well being.

Great place to work with loads of benefits, and multiple kitchens, very spacious!

Starting and completing your tasks, i've learned how to be a leader and teamplayer. Manangment is very good, but the onsite managers are 50/50 good and not so good. Very diverese, people of multiple races, teaches you how to communicate in everyday life with people from other cultures. Hardest part would be standing from 10-12 hours a day on different equipment, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be learning.

Good work life balance

The work life balance is the only good thing about working AP at Target. Lack of leadership, lack of advancement, lack of inclusivity, and lack of feeling accomplished in your job. You are constantly afraid to do your job because the rules change all the time without any communication. If you want to do AP/LP don’t do it at Target

Pros

Work life balance

Toxic Positivity

Management is intrenched. It may vary store to store, mine is entirely incompetent. Positions earned not by merit, no open interviews for Team lead positions. They desecretly decide favorites and quietly promote. Communication is awful, constant understaffing, a jarring focus on metrics over actual important problems and an unwillingness from executive staff to confront corporate. This isn't a terrible job for someone brand new to the work force who hasn't experienced anything else and isn't planning on staying. If you know anything about business and stay for awhile it becomes incredibly frustrating. The same mistakes are repeated ad nauseam, nothing is ever fixed. Raises are a joke, my whole team was given less than the standard cost of inflation.Oh. Relation is real. The 'anonymous' ethic hotline kicks back to the Store Director and HR ETL. You've been warned.

Good Pay but Stressful, Tedious Workload

I enjoyed my job at first but eventually despised going in. While the pay is good, I wasn't getting paid what I was technically supposed to (I was getting less). Moving up or cross-training is discouraged and management isn't great.

It's going downhill fast

I've been at Target for four years. I picked it up as a part-time job until I was offered something full-time. When you're put in a management roll they tell you that 18 months is the cap for your time in the role and then you'll be promoted however, the company is very good about finding ways around that. I've been in the same management role for 3 years and haven't moved up. My pay has also barely gone up with it as well. The direction the company is moving in now that they are offering $15 an hour is going to cause the business to crumble. When the new roles and outlook were announced to us several weeks ago we were all told 3 things. 1. take a demotion and a several dollar an hour pay cut and you'll be given less than 20 hours a week (this means loosing all of my benefits) 2. accept the new change and prepare to be fired because the stores we have rolled it out at have all failed or 3. Quit now before we fire you. They are going to be cutting their staff in half and putting 4 different jobs on one person without scaling their pay or hours to accommodate these changes in a proper way. It started out great and it got my foot in the door for a management role. However, the way the company is going is not great. They are hurting their employees more and more. Upper management honestly doesn't have much of a clue of what they are doing and they will do everything they can to benefit themselves and hurt other employees in the process. The work/life balance was great and I was given a pretty consistent schedule however I cannot stand by and watch the company continue to hurt -

Benefits

Cons

Upper Management and Corporate

Fun place to work

Very enjoyable place to work. Only contracted short term. Great team. I loved going into work every day for Target. I brought my previous skills from else where and shared that knowledge with the Target team. Co-workers where easy to work with. Hardest part of the job, was moving heavy furniture at my choice. Most enjoyable was teaching other co- workers how to show customers a presented showroom, providing a more enjoyable shopping experience.

Pros

satisfying salary

Cons

short term contract

Greatest job in retail

Target is the best company to work for in retail! There's a tremendous focus on development and you're given the tools necessary to do your job well and promote quickly. The team work was stellar...always felt like family. The only downside to working for Target is the expectation regarding your work/life balance. Forget holidays with family and it's often difficult to take your earned vacation due to business needs.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

work/life balance

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Target?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Target