Tauranga City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Tauranga City Council Employee Review

Tauranga City Council is a potentially dangerous place

8 April 2019
Working in this organization and what it is like will depend on where you work. Some areas are run by corrupt and hopeless managers and these will have high turnover. If you say anything about the culture you are targeted and the workplace will go from what should be a high standard to something extremely sick. Never say anything bad about the bad managers and try to fly below the radar whenever possible. Not an environment where you extend yourself - you are best just doing what is required and nothing more.
Cons
Little parking; Poor management; Hopeless culture in some areas.
6 January 2020
Tauranga City Councillor (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
Good luck for the new CEO, Executive management team, staff, Mayor and Council. I have high hopes for the future of our city. Very best of luck for the future.
27 March 2019
Tauranga (Current Employee) - Tauranga
Good if you just want to get on with day to day work but difficult to advance depending on management. Ability to self manage - time management & diarise Clear set goals for role Big company with lots of processess to follow being local government
Pros
Staff benefits - holiday/sick pay
Cons
Lack of advancement
10 November 2018
Tauranga (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
It was the most amazing team I have ever been a part of. I highly recommend it to anyone! I have worked in a lot of places and find that I miss the TCC the most!
Pros
Social club, free lunches