Te Roopu Taurima O Manukau Trust
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Te Roopu Taurima O Manukau Trust Employee Reviews

Maori Disability Service
Unable to advance due to who you know not what you know. No support from management when house is in disarray. No team work, organised houses and managers
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours, No support
What can i say same as below
I love doing that looking after people hate people being rough and mean it was my first time doing that kind of work and I loved it when I see old people doing there shopping I go and ask if there ok love it
Staff on front line
Hard working staff on ground floor. High staff turnover. Staff leaving almost weekly.
Tangata are a joy to support. Staff on ground floor intimidate, verbally abuse and bully casual staff and other staff who they can intimidate. Ok to work for on a casual basis if your lucky to get paid on payday because it's always the staff fault and never there pay system that just about daily has a system error. Kaitaataki are rude and unhelpful apart from one or two who always helps and thank staff .Senior managers are non existence. Lack leadership and have no respect for staff beneath them.
Pros
Staff on ground floor and tangata
Cons
Do not value workers.
Position not recommended
Typical day: Unsafe and unrealistic targets
Key Learning: Risk Mitigation. How to work under-resourced.

Management: Good paper work equates to quality outcomes.

Work place culture: Adversarial relationship between management and front line staff.

The hardest part of the Job: Frequency of unpaid 24 hr Emergency On call Duties (can be every second week or consecutive weeks).

The most enjoyable part of the work is the privilege of supporting people with Intellectual Disabilities to succeed. One such moment can make a whole year of hardship worth while. And, the humbling experience of seeing front line staff willing to go the extra mile...

'In ID support work there is no extra mile, there is only ever the next one.'
Pros
Working with the Intellectually Disabled
Cons
Under resourcing
busy and challenging
enjoyed the job. company difficult at time to work for. some great staff and some tough staff.
Fun working place
has been working with indigenous communities to implement strategies and programs that enhance the careers of people through practical and coherent workforce development programs.
I have used this skill set as the organization has grown to provide a greater range of services throughout the country.
Pros
lots free food
Cons
on call service weekend
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Te Roopu Taurima O Manukau Trust?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Te Roopu Taurima O Manukau Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8