Te Roopu Taurima O Manukau Trust
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Te Roopu Taurima O Manukau Trust Employee Review

Staff on front line

3 December 2018
Hard working staff on ground floor. High staff turnover. Staff leaving almost weekly.
Tangata are a joy to support. Staff on ground floor intimidate, verbally abuse and bully casual staff and other staff who they can intimidate. Ok to work for on a casual basis if your lucky to get paid on payday because it's always the staff fault and never there pay system that just about daily has a system error. Kaitaataki are rude and unhelpful apart from one or two who always helps and thank staff .Senior managers are non existence. Lack leadership and have no respect for staff beneath them.
Pros
Staff on ground floor and tangata
Cons
Do not value workers.
16 November 2017
Same location
Kaitaataki (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Typical day: Unsafe and unrealistic targets
Key Learning: Risk Mitigation. How to work under-resourced.

Management: Good paper work equates to quality outcomes.

Work place culture: Adversarial relationship between management and front line staff.

The hardest part of the Job: Frequency of unpaid 24 hr Emergency On call Duties (can be every second week or consecutive weeks).

The most enjoyable part of the work is the privilege of supporting people with Intellectual Disabilities to succeed. One such moment can make a whole year of hardship worth while. And, the humbling experience of seeing front line staff willing to go the extra mile...

'In ID support work there is no extra mile, there is only ever the next one.'
Pros
Working with the Intellectually Disabled
Cons
Under resourcing
6 May 2020
Support Worker (Former Employee) - Rangiora, Canterbury
Very poor management. The staff and clients have no support. Lots of neglect and violence towards the client .short staffing and over worked. Have never worked in such poor un organized company in my life .
3 February 2020
Caregiver (Former Employee) - Whangarei, Northland
I love doing that looking after people hate people being rough and mean it was my first time doing that kind of work and I loved it when I see old people doing there shopping I go and ask if there ok love it