Te Wananga o Aotearoa Employee Reviews

People and Place
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 October 2018
People I worked with were awesome, you make some good friends. The only downfall is that Management need to be more consistent with decision making across the board. The most enjoyable part of the job is how when kaimahi get together and support each other.
Pros
Good people, awesome gym facilities and trainer.
Cons
management decision making, favoritism.
A great working environment!
Developer (Current Employee) –  Te Awamutu NZ4 October 2018
The largest indigenous tertiary provider in the sourthern hemisphere, and the second largest tertiary provider in NZ - it is a great stepping stone for your career as the networks are vast...
Pros
They really do care about families.
Cons
Pay scale will never reflect the time and energy you give
Great Place to work
Head of Education Support (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland21 September 2018
I have had some great managers and enjoyed working here. Love their mission and vision. The hardest part of the job is when new managers comes through that don't know the core business.
Pros
Opportunity to learn at any level is there if you want to
Cons
It takes a lot of your time away from your family
Fun workplace, educational
A typical day at the Wananga is not just about the general administration/reception duties its also about being in and amongst the hustle and bustle of the day to day running of the campus. Meeting and assisting the public, the tauira (student), kaiako (tutors) and student registration administrators where needed. Every day is different so as the office administrator knowing where my assistance is needed at all times is a must.
Pros
Working at different sites covering Palmerston North and Whangnui
Cons
Not enough work hours available, currently on-call casual
Studies
Student (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland20 August 2018
Learning and gaining valuable knowledge
Learning about teaching children
Being in a Maori institute was amazing
Studying full time, working part time and organising my children
Workable and acheiveble
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington19 August 2018
A typical would be administration, then conversation, then meeting, then delivery, then review of the day with colleagues...it has the opportunity to advance culturally and has opportunity to advance professionally.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Politics
enjoyable workplace
Tutor - Computing Level (Current Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland9 July 2018
i loved the engaging myself with students in the classroom and making a difference in someone's life. other than that was a star for my work mates and working as a team. i am a fast and really committed person.
Productive and safe environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, New Zealand12 March 2018
I really enjoyed working here as I was able to strengthen my weaknesses and always learn new skills daily. Management was always ready to give help and also advice to help do the job correctly.
There are many things the organisation could change
Kaiako/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty27 February 2018
I would not promote Te Wananga o Aotearoa as a place to work, I would encourage people to go and study there, free courses.

Management could improve at this organisation.

The students always made the work more enjoyable.

HR are not top quality staff.
Pros
Great Kaiako
Cons
Terrible management
Sufficient and well organised friendly enviroment
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Whanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui17 February 2018
I loved working with te wananga o aotearoa because everyone looked out for eachother ,helped where they could and the set tasks were easily accomplished before the set deadline I enjoyed having different staff assist and show me skills to make my job easier as well as faster absolutely happy to have worked there !
X
Pros
Free lunches and cool water
Cons
Nil
very educating
computer skills (Former Employee) –  Whakatane District, Bay of Plenty8 January 2018
you learn alot in computers more then you thought u already know its hard at first but you eventually get the hang of it all and zoom straight through who knows you could make your own career out of it
Pros
breaks
Cons
sitting for hours
Values Driven
Developer: Programmes & Resources (Current Employee) –  Te Awamutu, Waikato25 November 2017
A family values driven educational organisation. The only real set-back is a competitive salary rate, however, a great indigenous culture with great people only wanting the best for learners.
Pros
Values driven organisation.
Cons
Competitive salary rate.
the people around you make it was it is
basic health and fitness (Former Employee) –  Auckland13 September 2017
i think this organisation is very beneficial for a lot of people who would like to make a change in themselves or even others. It brings everyone close together and brings off a very fun vibe between the people. lots of adults and teens attend this this course 4 days a week for the normal school hours and you can either find your own way to get there or transport can be provided. the most enjoyable part for me was running around doing activities with everyone and colliding with other groups. Its a Maori organisation so a lot of islander/Maoris attend this program, but not only that there is at least one of every culture going there.
Mauri Ora
IT Tutor (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington7 September 2017
Great place to work in, awesome staff, fabulous culture, would go back again if the opportunity arose. Most enjoyable part of the organisation is the culture incorporates everything one can be proud of to be Maori and feel a sense of belonging. The only down side of the job was the numbers, government requirement, if you didn't have the #'s your job was gone.
Pros
Powhiri catering
Cons
Self promotions, #'s #'s #'s
A very sociable environment to work for
Computing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 August 2017
Te Wananga o Aotearoa is a great sociable environment to work for and learn from. All resources and support needed to upskill yourself is provided. Very supportive understanding management. Staff and management work in a team to get the job done.Lovely cultural opened environment.
Fun and vibrate place to work.
Manager, Student Support (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand16 March 2017
A Māori worldview, philosophies and theories of education. ako (reciprocal and transformational relationship of teaching and learning); aro (assessment, evaluation, reflective praxis); whanaungatanga (enduring relationships) and te hiringa (spirituality and passion).
Pros
People
Amazing and fun
Certified PT instructor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato13 March 2017
Te wananga o aotearoa provides a lot of open doors for you and I. My personal experience with "the wa" was truly amazing I met heaps of people made friends we danced and we sang we prayed we laughed, Te wananga has a warm welcome it's like you are walking into your own family, tutors are awesome loads of fun activities I guarantee you the time of your life.
Pros
Free kai, heaps of trips
Cons
The work haha no, nothing
quiet and fun environment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gisborne District, Gisborne13 November 2016
In the catering industry i learnt about HEALTH AND SAFETY, you always have to be clean and make sure your finger nails are spotless! I also learnt about being patient with customers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
nothing
Finance Administrator - Youth Guarantee (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland4 April 2016
challenging but good at the same time. Working along side the Tutors in regards to funds.
Enjoyed working with Administration and Finance Staff. Te Wananga O Aotearoa was under going restructuring so I cant say much except to say I enjoyed working there.
Pros
free lunch after P.D.L
Cons
n/a
About my work at Te Wananga o Aotearoa
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Waitakere4 August 2015
I am quite pleased to work at Te Wananga o Aotearoa. It's working hours suits me to balance between work and the family together. I really admire the core values of the organisation. I am doing a honourable job in sharing my knowledge with adult community to up skill them from knowledge of computing.