Te Wananga o Aotearoa

Te Wananga o Aotearoa Employee Reviews

New Zealand41 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Embrace all cultures

Bicultural WanangaGreat kaimahi (workers)- Make good friends, get to know more peopleSafe environment Good management Make you feel comfortable in your workspaceRespect each other

Pros

Flexibility

Amazing people to work with

Totally love being among the dynamic staff and Management. I love being able to korero Maori and learning more from the Staff and students. Excellent.

Pros

Authority to eat at mealtimes. Learning environment is awesome. Staff are amazing.

Cons

Only casual work available

skill based and productive work environment

A typical day is spent answering inquiries from students and staff. The administration is an everyday occurrence of inward mail, email and phone calls. The culture of our workplace is made up of many different facets of human personality interacting with staff teaching and learning from one another.

Pros

Interacting with the public

Cons

no one day is the same

Positive Working Environment

Very much a Whanau based feel when I was working there. There were very good people and Management were very supportive in our department. The whole environment at the time allowed for much interaction and sharing of knowledge and support. A very positive and great experience for myself overall.

Nice place to work good values

Enjoyed my time working with my colleagues T W A ,always busy and learning new cultures, they have many sites and visited quite a few in the north island,lots of fresh ideas

Fun and enjoyable environment! Graet Team.

The time I spent at Te Wananga O Aotearoa was fun and exciting. Dealing with new projects and people! Loved the events. I got to introduce my own style. Nothing was hard!

People and Place

People I worked with were awesome, you make some good friends. The only downfall is that Management need to be more consistent with decision making across the board. The most enjoyable part of the job is how when kaimahi get together and support each other.

Pros

Good people, awesome gym facilities and trainer.

Cons

management decision making, favoritism.

A great working environment!

The largest indigenous tertiary provider in the sourthern hemisphere, and the second largest tertiary provider in NZ - it is a great stepping stone for your career as the networks are vast...

Pros

They really do care about families.

Cons

Pay scale will never reflect the time and energy you give

Great Place to work

I have had some great managers and enjoyed working here. Love their mission and vision. The hardest part of the job is when new managers comes through that don't know the core business.

Pros

Opportunity to learn at any level is there if you want to

Cons

It takes a lot of your time away from your family

Fun workplace, educational

A typical day at the Wananga is not just about the general administration/reception duties its also about being in and amongst the hustle and bustle of the day to day running of the campus. Meeting and assisting the public, the tauira (student), kaiako (tutors) and student registration administrators where needed. Every day is different so as the office administrator knowing where my assistance is needed at all times is a must.

Pros

Working at different sites covering Palmerston North and Whangnui

Cons

Not enough work hours available, currently on-call casual

Studies

Learning and gaining valuable knowledge Learning about teaching children Being in a Maori institute was amazing Studying full time, working part time and organising my children

Workable and acheiveble

A typical would be administration, then conversation, then meeting, then delivery, then review of the day with colleagues...it has the opportunity to advance culturally and has opportunity to advance professionally.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Politics

enjoyable workplace

i loved the engaging myself with students in the classroom and making a difference in someone's life. other than that was a star for my work mates and working as a team. i am a fast and really committed person.

Productive and safe environment

I really enjoyed working here as I was able to strengthen my weaknesses and always learn new skills daily. Management was always ready to give help and also advice to help do the job correctly.

There are many things the organisation could change

I would not promote Te Wananga o Aotearoa as a place to work, I would encourage people to go and study there, free courses. Management could improve at this organisation. The students always made the work more enjoyable. HR are not top quality staff.

Pros

Great Kaiako

Cons

Terrible management

Sufficient and well organised friendly enviroment

I loved working with te wananga o aotearoa because everyone looked out for eachother ,helped where they could and the set tasks were easily accomplished before the set deadline I enjoyed having different staff assist and show me skills to make my job easier as well as faster absolutely happy to have worked there ! X

Pros

Free lunches and cool water

Cons

Nil

very educating

you learn alot in computers more then you thought u already know its hard at first but you eventually get the hang of it all and zoom straight through who knows you could make your own career out of it

Pros

breaks

Cons

sitting for hours

Values Driven

A family values driven educational organisation. The only real set-back is a competitive salary rate, however, a great indigenous culture with great people only wanting the best for learners.

Pros

Values driven organisation.

Cons

Competitive salary rate.

the people around you make it was it is

i think this organisation is very beneficial for a lot of people who would like to make a change in themselves or even others. It brings everyone close together and brings off a very fun vibe between the people. lots of adults and teens attend this this course 4 days a week for the normal school hours and you can either find your own way to get there or transport can be provided. the most enjoyable part for me was running around doing activities with everyone and colliding with other groups. Its a Maori organisation so a lot of islander/Maoris attend this program, but not only that there is at least one of every culture going there.

Mauri Ora

Great place to work in, awesome staff, fabulous culture, would go back again if the opportunity arose. Most enjoyable part of the organisation is the culture incorporates everything one can be proud of to be Maori and feel a sense of belonging. The only down side of the job was the numbers, government requirement, if you didn't have the #'s your job was gone.

Pros

Powhiri catering

Cons

Self promotions, #'s #'s #'s

A very sociable environment to work for

Te Wananga o Aotearoa is a great sociable environment to work for and learn from. All resources and support needed to upskill yourself is provided. Very supportive understanding management. Staff and management work in a team to get the job done.Lovely cultural opened environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Te Wananga o Aotearoa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Te Wananga o Aotearoa
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?