Te Wananga o Aotearoa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Te Wananga o Aotearoa Employee Reviews for Tutor

Very much a Whanau based feel when I was working there. There were very good people and Management were very supportive in our department. The whole environment at the time allowed for much interaction and sharing of knowledge and support. A very positive and great experience for myself overall.
i loved the engaging myself with students in the classroom and making a difference in someone's life. other than that was a star for my work mates and working as a team. i am a fast and really committed person.
I would not promote Te Wananga o Aotearoa as a place to work, I would encourage people to go and study there, free courses. Management could improve at this organisation. The students always made the work more enjoyable. HR are not top quality staff.
Pros
Great Kaiako
Cons
Terrible management
Great place to work in, awesome staff, fabulous culture, would go back again if the opportunity arose. Most enjoyable part of the organisation is the culture incorporates everything one can be proud of to be Maori and feel a sense of belonging. The only down side of the job was the numbers, government requirement, if you didn't have the #'s your job was gone.
Pros
Powhiri catering
Cons
Self promotions, #'s #'s #'s
Te Wananga o Aotearoa is a great sociable environment to work for and learn from. All resources and support needed to upskill yourself is provided. Very supportive understanding management. Staff and management work in a team to get the job done.Lovely cultural opened environment.
I am quite pleased to work at Te Wananga o Aotearoa. It's working hours suits me to balance between work and the family together. I really admire the core values of the organisation. I am doing a honourable job in sharing my knowledge with adult community to up skill them from knowledge of computing.
Tutoring both one on one and whole class. Planning and resource making. Consistent professional development and in house information sharing Supportive staff working together towards the revitalization of Te Reo Maori me ona tikanga The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing of student development and learning, developing and maintenance of student relationships Lots of learning through singing, role play and games. The hardest part again was the consistent weekend work and teaching 3 nights a week keeping you away from the family night time routine Developing my own personal pedagogy through identifying learning styles and Accelerated Learning Techniques.
Pros
Working with great people to revitalize the Maori language
Cons
teaching at night working most weekends as well as days
always busy people skills how to communicate better time management team building student completion
Pros
whanaungatanga
I believe Te Wananga O Aotearoa is an organisation that managed many programmes that were suitable to all second chance learners, for students with numeracy and literacy deficiencies who would have benefited from the wonderful programmes that were delivered throughout the whole of New Zealand. This organisation catered to the needs of their students, access for disabled students, onsite childcare facilities so students could learn while their children were being cared for, distant learning and online programmes for those who were unable to attend full time classes. It has been a privilege working in a organisation such as this, the only downfall I believe happened here, was that they grew too fast, too soon and didn't have the right people at the helm to handle such a huge increase in student ratio, new campuses and Outposts opening all over NZ and the vast amount of new, qualified staff to handle the increase.
Pros
I had the honour of meeting the CEO and founder of the Organisation, also my Manager at the time was one of the founders too, the Te Kuiti Campus that I was employed under, was one of the original campuses formed alongside the campus in Te Awamutu.
Cons
Increases to the Organisation, meant Government intervening, then a major restructuring, which caused many redundancies, campus and outpost closures, and student decreases.