Te Wananga o Aotearoa Management reviews

People and Place
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 October 2018
People I worked with were awesome, you make some good friends. The only downfall is that Management need to be more consistent with decision making across the board. The most enjoyable part of the job is how when kaimahi get together and support each other.
Pros
Good people, awesome gym facilities and trainer.
Cons
management decision making, favoritism.
There are many things the organisation could change
Kaiako/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty27 February 2018
I would not promote Te Wananga o Aotearoa as a place to work, I would encourage people to go and study there, free courses.

Management could improve at this organisation.

The students always made the work more enjoyable.

HR are not top quality staff.
Pros
Great Kaiako
Cons
Terrible management
A very sociable environment to work for
Computing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 August 2017
Te Wananga o Aotearoa is a great sociable environment to work for and learn from. All resources and support needed to upskill yourself is provided. Very supportive understanding management. Staff and management work in a team to get the job done.Lovely cultural opened environment.
Great place to grow and be productive.
Administrator / Tutor (Current Employee) –  Otaki, Wellington20 November 2014
always busy
people skills
how to communicate better
time management
team building
student completion
Pros
whanaungatanga
Lecturer/ Education
He Korowai Akonga (Bachelor of Education) (Former Employee) –  Manukau Campus30 January 2014
My passion is teaching and to support the learning of those who are less fortunate (academically, financially, and or other).

I have taught in a number of areas as I wanted to gain the highest level of understanding educational excellence.

Management and co-workers in Education tend to be of the same mind and have similar principals therefore the focus of work centres on improvement of what we collectively do as a team.

The most enjoyable part of being an educationalist is in making a difference to individual students lives, programmes, delivery systems but more importantly knowing that the work I do has a long term effect in those areas.
Pros
Feeling valued & of use to others
Cons
Buracratic processess/ (employers want young staff)
Working in an environment which was culturally suitable for me.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Te Kuiti, NZ1 September 2013
I believe Te Wananga O Aotearoa is an organisation that managed many programmes that were suitable to all second chance learners, for students with numeracy and literacy deficiencies who would have benefited from the wonderful programmes that were delivered throughout the whole of New Zealand. This organisation catered to the needs of their students, access for disabled students, onsite childcare facilities so students could learn while their children were being cared for, distant learning and online programmes for those who were unable to attend full time classes.
It has been a privilege working in a organisation such as this, the only downfall I believe happened here, was that they grew too fast, too soon and didn't have the right people at the helm to handle such a huge increase in student ratio, new campuses and Outposts opening all over NZ and the vast amount of new, qualified staff to handle the increase.
Pros
I had the honour of meeting the CEO and founder of the Organisation, also my Manager at the time was one of the founders too, the Te Kuiti Campus that I was employed under, was one of the original campuses formed alongside the campus in Te Awamutu.
Cons
Increases to the Organisation, meant Government intervening, then a major restructuring, which caused many redundancies, campus and outpost closures, and student decreases.
Enjoyable work place.
level 2/3 computing (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N22 August 2013
Going to work was a typical day, because you enjoyed having the weekend off then monday it starts all over again.
I learned alot when i was working.
Management was okay.
Co-workers were pretty good beside one person sometimes.
The hardest part of the job was when your busy doing your work and someone tells you to do something else,it gets frustrating sometimes.
The enjoyable part of the job is when everybody gets together and joke with each other even the management.
Productive, fun, always looking to improve on delivering quality services to students ad staff alike
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato29 October 2012
Start 8:30am, karakia at 8:45 a time for sharing and caring, notifications, special upcoming events, prayer from all religious backgrounds (definitely a multicultural environment where everyone's beliefs were acknowledged and respected).

Learned patience, listening, giving correct advice, taking time to really learn what the clients wanted.

Management needed to be kept informed via our reports. Encouraged self development, upskilling, attending to core business, dissemenating information, encouraged developing ideas, and self learning.

Hardest part of job seeing students moving on successfully.

Attending graduation.
Pros
working in a multi cultural environment
Cons
travelling away from home