Te Wananga o Aotearoa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Te Wananga o Aotearoa Employee Review

Working in an environment which was culturally suitable for me.

1 September 2013
I believe Te Wananga O Aotearoa is an organisation that managed many programmes that were suitable to all second chance learners, for students with numeracy and literacy deficiencies who would have benefited from the wonderful programmes that were delivered throughout the whole of New Zealand. This organisation catered to the needs of their students, access for disabled students, onsite childcare facilities so students could learn while their children were being cared for, distant learning and online programmes for those who were unable to attend full time classes.
It has been a privilege working in a organisation such as this, the only downfall I believe happened here, was that they grew too fast, too soon and didn't have the right people at the helm to handle such a huge increase in student ratio, new campuses and Outposts opening all over NZ and the vast amount of new, qualified staff to handle the increase.
Pros
I had the honour of meeting the CEO and founder of the Organisation, also my Manager at the time was one of the founders too, the Te Kuiti Campus that I was employed under, was one of the original campuses formed alongside the campus in Te Awamutu.
Cons
Increases to the Organisation, meant Government intervening, then a major restructuring, which caused many redundancies, campus and outpost closures, and student decreases.
16 March 2020
Computer Tutor (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Very much a Whanau based feel when I was working there. There were very good people and Management were very supportive in our department. The whole environment at the time allowed for much interaction and sharing of knowledge and support. A very positive and great experience for myself overall.
9 July 2018
Tutor - Computing Level (Current Employee) - Mangere, Auckland
i loved the engaging myself with students in the classroom and making a difference in someone's life. other than that was a star for my work mates and working as a team. i am a fast and really committed person.
27 February 2018
Kaiako/Tutor (Former Employee) - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
I would not promote Te Wananga o Aotearoa as a place to work, I would encourage people to go and study there, free courses.

Management could improve at this organisation.

The students always made the work more enjoyable.

HR are not top quality staff.
Pros
Great Kaiako
Cons
Terrible management