Te Wananga o Aotearoa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Te Wananga o Aotearoa Employee Review

fantastic innovative wananga with a heavy focus on professional development and student learning

13 March 2015
Tutoring both one on one and whole class.
Planning and resource making.

Consistent professional development and in house information sharing

Supportive staff working together towards the revitalization of Te Reo Maori me ona tikanga

The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing of student development and learning, developing and maintenance of student relationships

Lots of learning through singing, role play and games.

The hardest part again was the consistent weekend work and teaching 3 nights a week keeping you away from the family night time routine

Developing my own personal pedagogy through identifying learning styles and Accelerated Learning Techniques.
Pros
Working with great people to revitalize the Maori language
Cons
teaching at night working most weekends as well as days
16 March 2020
Same roleSame location
Computer Tutor (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Very much a Whanau based feel when I was working there. There were very good people and Management were very supportive in our department. The whole environment at the time allowed for much interaction and sharing of knowledge and support. A very positive and great experience for myself overall.
9 July 2018
Same role
Tutor - Computing Level (Current Employee) - Mangere, Auckland
i loved the engaging myself with students in the classroom and making a difference in someone's life. other than that was a star for my work mates and working as a team. i am a fast and really committed person.
24 October 2018
Same location
Administration Officer (Former Employee) - Auckland
People I worked with were awesome, you make some good friends. The only downfall is that Management need to be more consistent with decision making across the board. The most enjoyable part of the job is how when kaimahi get together and support each other.
Pros
Good people, awesome gym facilities and trainer.
Cons
management decision making, favoritism.