Te Wananga o Aotearoa
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Te Wananga o Aotearoa Employee Review

Fun workplace, educational

19 September 2018
A typical day at the Wananga is not just about the general administration/reception duties its also about being in and amongst the hustle and bustle of the day to day running of the campus. Meeting and assisting the public, the tauira (student), kaiako (tutors) and student registration administrators where needed. Every day is different so as the office administrator knowing where my assistance is needed at all times is a must.
Pros
Working at different sites covering Palmerston North and Whangnui
Cons
Not enough work hours available, currently on-call casual
12 March 2018
Same location
Administrator (Former Employee) - Palmerston North, New Zealand
I really enjoyed working here as I was able to strengthen my weaknesses and always learn new skills daily. Management was always ready to give help and also advice to help do the job correctly.
24 April 2020
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
A typical day is spent answering inquiries from students and staff. The administration is an everyday occurrence of inward mail, email and phone calls. The culture of our workplace is made up of many different facets of human personality interacting with staff teaching and learning from one another.
Pros
Interacting with the public
Cons
no one day is the same
16 March 2020
Computer Tutor (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
Very much a Whanau based feel when I was working there. There were very good people and Management were very supportive in our department. The whole environment at the time allowed for much interaction and sharing of knowledge and support. A very positive and great experience for myself overall.