Tesla
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Tesla Employee Reviews

New Zealand5 reviews
Tesla is going through the growing pains. It sees an area where it fell short or could improve, and finds one example where a team beat expectations, and implements it nationwide. Next quarter, same problem and it tries something new.

Despite claiming to be flat, the departments are too separate and vertical. Only one of my 6 managers cared about my career growth. (Yes, 6 managers in 2 years - that's how poor their hiring/rehiring/changing direction has been).
Pros
Cool products, in the news, exciting mission
Cons
Personal/professional growth, work-life balance
Started when it was the 'wild west' stage of selling: anything goes as long as it didn't violate guidelines/laws, etc, and it didn't compromise the name and integrity of company. The mindset was if you can think of a way to reach a customer, THEN DO IT!

Management(especially my hiring/first manager) was highly supportive of just go out, have fun, make some sales and enjoy your life/family. Work as much as you want or as little (but you better make your numbers!).

And then Tesla bought the company and woke me out of a dream come true. Tesla is geared to the West Coast mindset that it's name will be good enough to sell. They don't very much like sales people, much less need to compensate them. On the East Coast: good luck with that.

It's just when it starts to make the sales people look back in fondness of the good ol' days, rather than in the potential excitement for the new day, well, it's really time to pick up and move on...
Pros
All the good stuff when I first joined...
Cons
Tesla bought them and changed everything...
once we get to work we would load up the truck with the right equipment depending on the size of the house we were working on. then when we got there we would unload and start to install the solar panels while i put up the inverter and set up the conduit pipe to the roof.
Tesla is an energetic work environment where no two days are the same. At Tesla I learned to be adaptable and to wear many hats to do whatever it takes to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I was dedicating myself to a company truly providing innovative products to change the world.
Came on in a management role and after 15 months of highly dedicated work and success, I was released as a new Director came in with a "New" direction. I bleed this company sacrificing being on the road 4 days out of the week and growing the region. No loyalty in this company. If you're willing to sacrifice all of your core values and self integrity, you'll do fine here. Otherwise, I recommend you stay away. Trust me.
Pros
paint a good picture, good product
Cons
no loyalty, quick to part ways with personnel, do not care about you as an employee, just youre producing for them
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tesla?