The Coffee Club Employee Reviews

Always new activities to help interests
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury19 August 2019
Working at Coffee Club is great. However there aren't enough shifts available for what I am looking for. I have been working at The Coffee Club since May and have been fully trained. I would love to work in another Hospitality Industry as well as this job.
Pros
1 free coffee a shift, breaks always correct, half price on food
Cons
Not enough shift available, communication with boss is difficult
Fun
Cafe Attendant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch24 May 2019
Nice Job when it was not busy. Found it quite difficult sometimes but grew to love the people that came and adored my regulars. Enjoyed it and found some joy.
Negative workplace
Front of House/ barista (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty11 March 2019
The management sucked. When the bosses weren’t around one of the managers would always snap at me when I asked for help etc... worked my butt off all day everyday just to have my contract terminated without 2 weeks notice because I had 2 days off with food poisoning as they “couldn’t cope” without me on those days. The shop is always filled with elderly people who treat the workers so poorly. I hated going into the coffee club, the workplace was so negative I couldn’t cope at the end. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
1 free coffee each shift
Cons
Not enough hours, managers treated employees like dirt, bad pay, even the customers were bad
Job
Front of House, barista (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury12 October 2018
I got over my 3 month trial then got made redundant (due to the shop "moving") and i was supposed to come back after it had been built. The owner made me sign papers in advance on the assumption that i would restart soon after.It had been a 3-4 months over the date they said it would reopen and ( is still not open 8-9 months from when they said it would be ) after a while i was sick of it and decided not to go back and was harassed about paying a course cost i had not done ,thru facebook messages and was harassed probably longer then my employment with them.Management and customers were ok , the training was not amazing and the owner was pretty horrid.
Pros
A free coffee
Cons
franchisee
Awesome fun place!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, BM18 January 2018
Was great for a short amount of time spent there. Management were wonderful!Really know how to look after their staff,Serve great food.Enjoy working there.
Pros
Cheaper food
Cons
Busy hours
Experiência Incrível
Executive Chef Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland12 January 2018
Experiência Incrível, com uma cultura empresarial bem estruturada e inovadora, permite o colaborador a ser parte da empresa, representar a marca e amar trabalhar em prol do bem da empresa!!! Formidável!
fun work place
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 August 2017
the jobs good and so was the money the work mate were friendly and that the customer were friendly and the hours were amazing with school and hunting with friends
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Company good. Boss not so much.
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland27 July 2017
Company itself is good, amazing trainers and head office. Only downfall is franchisees, as in my experience the franchisee was temperamental and made irrational decisions, was negative to staff all the time. Didn't take human error in to consideration expected staff to be perfect robots
Cons
Franchisee
Fun/Busy
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato21 June 2017
was fun and busy working at TCC, staffs were nice and friendly.its a busy place to work and sometimes have to working long hours to cover the shifts. Overall is an average working place for entry level job seekers.
Pros
free coffees
Cons
wages under average
Nice environment,
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Tauranga23 November 2016
The coffee club I worked for was owned by a franchisee who had no experience in the industry, they also struggled with communication as English was their second language, these issues presented a lot of problems, but the environment and structure and procedures of the coffee club company are excellent
Pros
Ambiance
Cons
Communication
very busy place
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, Hawke's Bay28 June 2016
it was an okay palce to work but got sick of head chef calling me pumkin coz of my age.i alway got stuck cleaning deep fryers
Pros
half price stuff
Cons
long hours no life
It was a job
Was all round staff (Former Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui20 January 2016
Didn't get treated that great the bosses eather like you or they don't had a few friends witch have now left coffeeclub cause of how they treat staff alot of staff change over past 12 months
Most enjoyable place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Botany Junction, Auckland4 January 2016
everyday was just a normal day, some day are busy some are dead. I have learnt, customers don't ever want to be in the wrong, which is okay. Management was perfect there, co-workers were okay, some were lazy always telling me what to do which was not fair they get to muck around when the manage wasn't around, hardest part of the job, nothing really best part is when customers compliment me on my customer service.
managed and fun working
Customer service (Former Employee) –  new market, auckland14 December 2015
my co-workers were very supportive to me and i enjoyed a lot on my last day of job because they gave me a small party.
i have learned how to do dish washing and billing process.
Pros
good response from customers
Cons
no free lunch
A pretty good first job.
FOH (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N17 November 2015
Working at the coffee club was very good experience. Working in the summer months the cafe was busy so it made the work fast paced. I liked it when it was busy because there was always something to do. In winter it wasn't as enjoyable.
Pros
free coffee
My Usual day
Front of house, Waitress, Barista (Current Employee) –  auckland22 April 2015
My typical day at work; I would clock in to start my day, do any dishes that needed to be done, serve people with takeaway and dine in coffees, run food, cash handling and till duties, cake cabinet duties. I am wanting to move on to something that's more challenging and I'd really like to have a office job. I am a practical learner and i learn quite fast.
Pros
day time hours
Cons
no staff meals;
Productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N24 May 2014
At the coffee club i got a lot of experience with working with the customers and taking the food out to them.
Pros
free lunched and drinks
Great experence
Chef (Former Employee) –  Hasting, Hawkes Bay7 April 2013
Start at 12pm and work till 9pm, first 3 hours with another chef, then by myself, was good for the fact i learnt to manage my time efficently but was boring if it wasnt busy, learnt a range of different cooking methods for some dishes. management was good, well run kitchen always friendly and chatty, same goes for co-workers. hardest thing was if a large group of people came in i had to manage it all alone, and usually ran out of cooking space slowing things down.
Pros
free coffee, experence.
Cons
boring.