The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

environment
Pick/Packer (Former Employee) –  Auckland9 May 2018
Lovely people to work with, awesome environment. I learnt a lot of new things. Cotton on was a place that i loved to work at and enjoyed every moment.
Pros
Free Lunch Sometimes
Cons
Long Hours
fun work place
Retail Assistant Sylvia Park(current) (Current Employee) –  Sylvia Park, Auckland26 March 2018
organised fun day being set by our management. Making sure all our tasks are done for the day, meeting new people everyday and most enjoyable helping customers, and getting great feedback from them about our world class experience.
Pros
discounts amazing great work environment, awesome staff
Cons
not enough hours
I hate this company
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Nelson, Nelson28 February 2018
If you want to feel over-worked, underpaid and under-appreciated this is the perfect place to work. The head office is very unprofessional and I when I was younger there was 5 seperate times a head office member had made me cry. The is not a single manager in Nelson that works under this company that could tell you their experience has been thoroughly good.
Pros
my personal instore managers
Cons
pay, head office
Fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queen Street, Auckland18 February 2018
Great place to work as a first job esp. as a young person just leaving school. Made friends really quickly and felt accepted. Management looked after staff and was really laid back.
Pros
Good social oppurtunities
friendly workmates
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Taupo, Waikato11 February 2018
really good friendly environment, however management at the Taupo premise needs a cleanup. despite that i really enjoyed working there. the 50% discount made it worth it.
ok if you're young
Senior Part Timer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury2 February 2018
Career advancement seems to only be for those who are well liked. If you aren't buddies with the regional or store manager then you basically just get hours and basic responsibility. Your store gets very little help from head office and your regional has no power to help improve the store. most people are amazing though super friendly to work with and the store has a nice vibe about it.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
no advancement or support
Not To Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington30 January 2018
I didn't enjoy working for Cotton On, one of the reasons being i lived about 64kms away and they would only give me a 3hr shift, i had always asked for more hours but never got it. it wasn't worth going all that way for money that was only paying my fare to get there which was $19 a day. I would only work one day a week which also wasn't what id prefer.
Cons
Not enough hours, rude staff members
fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queen Street, Auckland9 January 2018
Loved working in the retail industry because I meet new people meet their needs and am happy to see them walk away happy with what, they have purchased. And i enjoy the work environment.
Pros
discounts
busy environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland13 December 2017
very busy environment, learned keeping up with crowd and leave store neat, KPI driven and a lots of up selling. Included long hours however were the most exciting hours.
Pros
lot of foot traffic
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington6 December 2017
A typical day would be turning up, folding t-shirts and jeans for a few hours then going on a break only to return back to the same thing. I learned how to fold my jeans, the management is positive. The hardest part is the fact that it doesn't really teach you much. Most enjoyable part is talking to people
Pros
Good people
Cons
repetitive

Want to know more about The Cotton On Group?

Ask a question
Brief summary
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland24 November 2017
Casual Christmas sales assistant at the time working there, They had a lot tasks to be given out which meant there is a lot of work to do, you are never really doing nothing. There is always something you could find yourself doing.

A lot of different ethnic group of individuals which is good.

Hardest part of the job.. will have to be that there are hardly any space and for employees to interact on breaks.
Pros
in CBD, open to a lot of space and stores to wander
Cons
big store, repetitive task everyday, same disc music everyday
Quiet, chill, and a good to place to work that's stress free.
Stocktaking (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland22 November 2017
On my first day, I was fortunate enough to work along side my sister's best friend who was a manager there. She showed me around, and depleted most of my shyness around the people there. The workers there were great, and would try to strike up conversations with me when I'm quiet. I was pretty shy on my first day since I knew virtually no one there, but a couple of workers did strike up some conversations with me and teaching me how to use the stock taking device. I learned how to stock take and work cooperatively in an environment where everyone is practically focusing and doing the same work as me.

Hardest part of my job is standing up for a long period of time. That can get very tiring, especially when the clothes are at a higher level. My shoulders got tired, and keeping my arms up was hard. On the brighter side, I enjoyed the people there and how happy they seemed to be even after how depressing the job is.
Pros
Free lunch (pizzas), adequate pay rate for a student
Cons
Prolonged hours, 4 hours can feel like 8 hours.
Average
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whangarei District, Northland18 September 2017
a typical work day is overworked and not a fun atmosphere. I learnt how to do VM. The hardest part was the cotton on group not being flexible. The most enjoyable part was the people.
awesome company
manager (Former Employee) –  new zealand5 September 2017
great management team and a very involved company, work hard and theres a lot of room for progression.
can be quite demanding on setting up VM with low numbers of staff which can be an issue, and starting really early before store opens.
Fun place to work
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury17 August 2017
I was a christmas casual so i only worked there for 3 months and in that time there was a lot of issue with management , the store manager changed three times while i was there. But it was fun to work there and help people with their christmas shopping or just with fashion advice.
Pros
discount
Cons
lonely when working on your own with no customer coming in
Great company, Great people !
Part time employee (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland8 June 2017
Great overall work ethic within the teams
Company focuses on maintaining good relationship with the employees. Overall would definately recommend such a company.
new faces different job
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington24 May 2017
good way to kill time have to have so much patience when doing small products such as hair ties bangles but was fun and different
job to do easy money .
Fun workplace
retail (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 April 2017
A typical day in Cotton on was fun and chilled yet it did get busy fast which required quite abit of hard work, overall, the culture and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new and exciting poeple everyday.
Pros
Retail experience
Cons
standing up
Fun Work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury10 April 2017
Cotton On is a great company to work for, as everyone is so friendly and caring and i think that is the most important thing when working a team.

I gained so many skills over the years of working in the company and these skills have made me feel so much more confident as a person.
Pros
friendly people, free dinner at store meeting.
Cons
Long Hours and non reliable shifts
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Zealand23 March 2017
Cotton on has its own approach to the competition and always try to find ways to stay ahead of everyone in the industry. It is comprised of a multicultural individuals.
Pros
Discount cards up to 50%