The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland29 reviews
Fast paced, high volume store. Fun bunch of colleagues. Lots and lots of stock on a daily basis. Good employee discount. Great for a first job. Part of a chain so options to relocate
Worked in Auckland for 2 years! Management was horrific. Huge bullying and toxic culture. You get no training and have to deal with difficult situations and people constantly. They did however, give breaks on time, and an hour long. You get a 50% off discount which is good and 'uniform deals' every once in a while which is better than 50% off. Doesnt exactly make up for the fact you're treated badly, but helps soften the blow. Good starting point for someone entering the workforce, they seem to take anyone regardless of experience, but be prepared to be grow thick skin.
Management and the company don’t care about your health and well being eg like depression and personal problems be careful who you trust with personal things because 10/10 gets carried around through management and to other stores 50% off with staff discount which is cool made some really cool friends but management just ain’t it
very fun, fast-paced, exciting due to new things occurring daily, friendly helpful staff. the staff look after you too when dodgy characters enter store
Pros
50% off storewide
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the Cotton On Group, namely in the Typo store. The job culture was fun and light hearted, the team were outgoing and the opportunities for growth were always there.
Worked for Kids in Auckland and it was a hassle. The management sucks and the regional is awful, and working with people who don’t pull there weight are the worst. I loved the company and the people who I work with but it has gone down hill once I left and I’m glad that I did. I’ve meet so many amazing people and loved the experience but I would never recommend working for kids until management has changed and actually focus on the workers
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lovely people to work with, awesome environment. I learnt a lot of new things. Cotton on was a place that i loved to work at and enjoyed every moment.
Pros
Free Lunch Sometimes
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to work as a first job esp. as a young person just leaving school. Made friends really quickly and felt accepted. Management looked after staff and was really laid back.
Pros
Good social oppurtunities
Cons
Loved working in the retail industry because I meet new people meet their needs and am happy to see them walk away happy with what, they have purchased. And i enjoy the work environment.
Pros
discounts
A typical day in Cotton on was fun and chilled yet it did get busy fast which required quite abit of hard work, overall, the culture and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new and exciting poeple everyday.
Pros
Retail experience
Cons
standing up
I enjoy working here. I started as a Christmas Casual in early November, and now been asked to stay on for a shift or 2 each week permanently.

The team and environment of the company is great, I felt included and was trained well to gain experience with customers and customer service.

Typical day, I would make the store look tidy, talk to/greet customers, put out stock and handle the till.

I see management frequently as they visit the store, they are a little bit intimidating, but overall nice people.
Pros
great team and environment, 50% staff discount
Cons
short shifts for normal days (not christmas time)
Loved working with different cultures. Everyday is am experience. Awesome staff and support system. I relocated to Australia and was offered my job back if I was to return up to 5 years. Love the culture and the people/ Like one big family.
Work hard and get nothing.

You get no recognition for your efforts.

Part timers do full time hours and don't get the full time perks.

Overall, the warehouse people are the ones that make the company worthwhile. A mix of cultures, hard workers and full of humour.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Rate. No Air con.
A typical day at work involves looking after customers and providing the best customer experience possible. It would also include meeting store KPI targets and stock control.
Pros
Enjoyable working with people
Cashing in tills
filling out daily books

unpacking boxes

servicing customers

clearing store

This company is a high demand company as they have targets to reach every hour
I have always wanted to work in retail as I am highly into fashion.

I was given this opportunity as a position was available for a Retail Assistant.

Enjoyed the employers company etc and enjoyed working in this fun environment of customer service.
Pros
Engaging with customers offering style advice etc
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the customers very well, helping out the customers and getting along with work friends. I've always wanted to work in a clothing retail store so hopefully i get accepted and work really hard to get Manager. A typical day at work will be customers not really liking it at the store
Did not really like how some of the staff treat you, long hours and sometimes if you work 10 hours you will have to take your break all at once instead of taking two or three breaks throughout the day/evening.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
Random long hours, on call, some staff members are rude.
This is a challenging job but not without rewards. I have learn a lot from my manager and the job itself. All from people management to KPI, GP, etc. I've worked with people from all walks of life and we worked very well as a team. Have widen my experience in retail operation and management skills with also knowledge of volume trades.

There isn't any hard part of the job mainly beneficial and enjoyable one where I get to work with all the lovely team members; supporting each other and making sure we all succeed as a team.
Pros
Work life balance is encourage in the company thus I have gym training everyday after work
Cons
No a creative role that I'm looking for but benefit a lot from the role
Cares little about their employees. Is happy to have part-timers managing shifts and other part-timers for the same salary. Used to have a time and a quarter wage on Sundays, but suddenly after years revoked that. Company is extremely unorganised especially in its delegation of tasks. No employee not on salary can expect to get a consistent number of hours because the company hires more staff than hours they have to give, in order to have backup staff, who most of the time only get 3 hours a fortnight. A true example of maximising company profits, minimising employee benefits. The only benefit is the 50% off merchandise discount, limited to 20 items a month for part-timers, however this is not given without some benefit to the company, the discount means that employees will buy the products, putting money in their pockets and wear the clothes to work therefore promoting the brand to customers. The company attempts to promote a series of values to its employees, none of which are actually demonstrated by the brand.
I enjoyed working at Supre as it's such an ongoing vibe within the store. The clothing, co-workers,music and all teams are full of fun!!