The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews in Manukau City, Auckland

Manukau City, Auckland11 reviews
I found working at cotton on a okay place no doubt i enjoyed the learning as this was my very first job ever and staff were very patient and helpful , the environment and amazing staff discounts but the only thing to take account was being paid fortnightly which was difficult in a sense of budgeting for two weeks and also resigning was a 4 week notice which i think is way to long. The difficult thing about working in a small store with only 3 other workers was the amount of work that was given and only having one worker stay till close on a weekend
Pros
Staff discounts
I loved working with customers
I learnt how to style and help customers pick suitable clothing for themselves

Loved the staff members

We would sometimes get customers that were hard to handle but we managed to handle them in a suitable manner
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Cons for me
On my first day, I was fortunate enough to work along side my sister's best friend who was a manager there. She showed me around, and depleted most of my shyness around the people there. The workers there were great, and would try to strike up conversations with me when I'm quiet. I was pretty shy on my first day since I knew virtually no one there, but a couple of workers did strike up some conversations with me and teaching me how to use the stock taking device. I learned how to stock take and work cooperatively in an environment where everyone is practically focusing and doing the same work as me.

Hardest part of my job is standing up for a long period of time. That can get very tiring, especially when the clothes are at a higher level. My shoulders got tired, and keeping my arms up was hard. On the brighter side, I enjoyed the people there and how happy they seemed to be even after how depressing the job is.
Pros
Free lunch (pizzas), adequate pay rate for a student
Cons
Prolonged hours, 4 hours can feel like 8 hours.
Great overall work ethic within the teams
Company focuses on maintaining good relationship with the employees. Overall would definately recommend such a company.
Company is full of energy that eveyday is a new day with ideas that flows around the company, that is shared gloabally to keep the excitement and the joyful feeling alive.
Everyday workoing for the company, theres always something new exciting to do, from dressing up to face painting, of course from the professionals, giving away fun packs for the kids to take home and also free goodies on big day events. Cotton On group is so divers, that we tend to learn new things every of different cultures and just the fact that each individual has something to offer interanlly is amazing. the Cotton on group is more like family instead of a company.
Pros
Funful events weekly to keep the kids and parents entertained.
Cons
No cons
Loved working here even though it was only for 4 weeks. i learned a lot and have taken away life changing skills. I made life long friends and learned the importance of retail assistance.
i enjoyed my time here everything with this workplace id love to be back to work for them again. i learnt many things and was driven for future goals from hearing other peoples experiance with them.
Pros
great team discounts
Cons
long hours, triple shifts were asked
working at cotton on was amazing. My asistant manager helped me constantly with my customer service skills and was really suppourtive. the most enjoyable part was workingwith such amazing people! i would go back in a heart beat!.
Pros
generous discounts.
Cons
fortnightly pay
Usually opening is the easiest part of the day, cash in making sure all tills equal to last nights figures and store is clean, tidy ready for the day. Handling phone calls, stationary orders and stock all in the morning is fun and customers love seeing new stock out. I have worked management hours before and also handled half of the responsibilities management give during the months we had no manager for the store. Co-workers are amazing, everyone gets along and helps out with rack up, customers and house keeping. i'll have to say its the team work that makes the store. The hardest part of the job was busy public holidays or late nights, because you never know how much can go missing , not enough fitting rooms, restocking shelves and tables and racks really fast so we are not low on anything, and finally cashing up at the end of the day can be a challenge. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people, beating targets, stock and House Keeping.
Pros
50% discount on products or items
Cons
Long Hours
it was an amazing experience to be able to work there. day at work is fun everything is creative. i have learned a lot from factorie i have learned to be more up beat about stuff, always smile at costumers. the management was amazing, she was rightly picked for the job. the hardest part about the job was leaving. most enjoyable time was having to put a smile on costumers faces when they leave the store
Greet customers.

Rackup product.

Smiles all round all day long.

Quiet, serious co workers.

Enjoyed the incentives received whilst working in retail.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Min Wage