The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant20 reviews
New Zealand20 reviews
Not good
Worked for Kids in Auckland and it was a hassle. The management sucks and the regional is awful, and working with people who don’t pull there weight are the worst. I loved the company and the people who I work with but it has gone down hill once I left and I’m glad that I did. I’ve meet so many amazing people and loved the experience but I would never recommend working for kids until management has changed and actually focus on the workers
Pros
Discount
Not great
Worked in Auckland for 2 years! Management was horrific. Huge bullying and toxic culture. You get no training and have to deal with difficult situations and people constantly. They did however, give breaks on time, and an hour long. You get a 50% off discount which is good and 'uniform deals' every once in a while which is better than 50% off. Doesnt exactly make up for the fact you're treated badly, but helps soften the blow. Good starting point for someone entering the workforce, they seem to take anyone regardless of experience, but be prepared to be grow thick skin.
It’s a good job depending who your work mates are but management and the company can be so corrupt
Management and the company don’t care about your health and well being eg like depression and personal problems be careful who you trust with personal things because 10/10 gets carried around through management and to other stores 50% off with staff discount which is cool made some really cool friends but management just ain’t it
Zero correspondance. Poor form.
Had a job interview and was told I'd hear back by the end of that week... 3 weeks later I hadn't heard back and the job was still advertised online. Its now been 6 weeks, and the ad is finally gone, but I haven't heard anything back from anyone! The courteous thing to do would be to send out a rejection email at least. Shame on your manager/HR/recruitment team. I've worked for COG before and this is not the first time that communication has been nil. Sort it out.
Fun workplace
Working for Cotton on group was fun. Depending on the store manger you will get rewarded for hard work.

You can not trust management with your bussiness because the staff always find out.
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
can't trust management.
Great learning experience
I found working at cotton on a okay place no doubt i enjoyed the learning as this was my very first job ever and staff were very patient and helpful , the environment and amazing staff discounts but the only thing to take account was being paid fortnightly which was difficult in a sense of budgeting for two weeks and also resigning was a 4 week notice which i think is way to long. The difficult thing about working in a small store with only 3 other workers was the amount of work that was given and only having one worker stay till close on a weekend
Pros
Staff discounts
Good workplace
Has matched my schedule to adjust to my other commitments like studying, and has overall been a lovely work environment with great co-workers. Great for studying.
Fun workplace
A typical day would be turning up, folding t-shirts and jeans for a few hours then going on a break only to return back to the same thing. I learned how to fold my jeans, the management is positive. The hardest part is the fact that it doesn't really teach you much. Most enjoyable part is talking to people
Pros
Good people
Cons
repetitive
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Cotton On Group?
Brief summary
Casual Christmas sales assistant at the time working there, They had a lot tasks to be given out which meant there is a lot of work to do, you are never really doing nothing. There is always something you could find yourself doing.

A lot of different ethnic group of individuals which is good.

Hardest part of the job.. will have to be that there are hardly any space and for employees to interact on breaks.
Pros
in CBD, open to a lot of space and stores to wander
Cons
big store, repetitive task everyday, same disc music everyday
Average
a typical work day is overworked and not a fun atmosphere. I learnt how to do VM. The hardest part was the cotton on group not being flexible. The most enjoyable part was the people.
Fun Work place
Cotton On is a great company to work for, as everyone is so friendly and caring and i think that is the most important thing when working a team.

I gained so many skills over the years of working in the company and these skills have made me feel so much more confident as a person.
Pros
friendly people, free dinner at store meeting.
Cons
Long Hours and non reliable shifts
Good work place
Tawa cotton on outlet shop was a good place for my first work experience, I made a lot of good friends and the environment there is so good and happy 😊 I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a happy good vibe 😊
Pros
Good hours
Good days and Bad
I really enjoyed working for this company however I never liked one person I was working with and my job was not secure even when I was working hard.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Job security
Great Fun company
Best work environment ive been in. Great people to work for and enjoyed serving customers and helping create great sales.
Part-Time
selling products, customer service, making sure store is tidy, till work, web orders, opening and closing the store.

How to make a sale, dealing with customers needs, keeping store tidy and formal, dealing with deliveries, online orders,

Management was always good and organised

Co-workers were really nice, helping and worked as a team

Carrying deliveries because most of the boxes were heavy and there was always a big load of stock coming in three or four times a week

Enjoyed the work team and the customers
Pros
Good work team and discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Good
A typical day at work involves looking after customers and providing the best customer experience possible. It would also include meeting store KPI targets and stock control.
Pros
Enjoyable working with people
Fun And Eventful
This as a first job prepared me for the work environment, and got me ready for early mornings!! The hardest Part of the Job was gaining the confidence to approach customers and talk easily to them, but over time i got the hang of it and i very comfortably can talk to customers now. The most enjoyable part of this job is defiantly helping people find the perfect gift for loved ones, and really selling the products within the company. A typical day at work is just to greet customers with a polite open greeting/question and making sure to squeeze a promotional deal into the conversation. Throughout the job i have learnt customer service and how to organize successfully.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
there is none!!
Supre
Supre wasnt what I expected when I took the job I got offered. I did not receive a contract, and that is why I ended up leaving Supre. The managment was a shambles there. The co-workers on the other hand were great people to work with and made the environment better. The music made the atmosphere upbeat and the bonuses we got from work were even better.
Pros
Free gear, Vouchers.
Cons
Hours I was promised and didnt get, the organisation of the shop
Fun work place
Learned and developed good customer service skills, was chosen to be stockroom assistant. Hardest part of the job was when i got taught to run shifts after the first go i felt more comfortable. Most enjoyable part of the job was that i got paid to talk to customers.
Pros
discounts on clothing
Cons
long days
Everyday I would greet customers into the store, ask if their ok?, and helping customers find the product they want. The most thing I enjoyed about Cotton On Kids was meeting new people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short hours