The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Seasonal Associate6 reviews
New Zealand6 reviews
I was a christmas casual so i only worked there for 3 months and in that time there was a lot of issue with management , the store manager changed three times while i was there. But it was fun to work there and help people with their christmas shopping or just with fashion advice.
Pros
discount
Cons
lonely when working on your own with no customer coming in
I enjoy working here. I started as a Christmas Casual in early November, and now been asked to stay on for a shift or 2 each week permanently.

The team and environment of the company is great, I felt included and was trained well to gain experience with customers and customer service.

Typical day, I would make the store look tidy, talk to/greet customers, put out stock and handle the till.

I see management frequently as they visit the store, they are a little bit intimidating, but overall nice people.
Pros
great team and environment, 50% staff discount
Cons
short shifts for normal days (not christmas time)
Was an amazing place to work. I wish my contract wasn't only casual. I will be definitely applying for jobs for stores within the Cotton On group again.
Pros
50% Staff Discount on 20 items a month
Cons
4 hour shifts only had 10 minute breaks, 20 would've be nice.
working at cotton on was amazing. My asistant manager helped me constantly with my customer service skills and was really suppourtive. the most enjoyable part was workingwith such amazing people! i would go back in a heart beat!.
Pros
generous discounts.
Cons
fortnightly pay
it was okay working with cotton on. very good to boost your work experience. management was not good at the time. the manager working for cotton on kids at the time was not present at work as she was having personal problems which lead to her not being at work almost the whole period i was there so all management was put onto a co worker. hardest part of the job was handing the cashier the training for that was very poor.
Pros
good staff discounts
Cons
not enough training
Did not really like how some of the staff treat you, long hours and sometimes if you work 10 hours you will have to take your break all at once instead of taking two or three breaks throughout the day/evening.
Pros
Customer service experience
Cons
Random long hours, on call, some staff members are rude.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.