The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Supervisor8 reviews
Its fun working environment and i get to learn from everyone but i need more work life balance.
I need a change of location too.

The stress is more because of the minimum manpower hired for certain outlet and most staff are part timers.
had the best 4 years with cotton on group and with 3 diffrent store to work in. the team member great to work team work in every store been in. those looking for retail life can do pt with cotton on group first
Not paid for OT even though manager want you to stay. Only paid OT in the last two months of work. Manager knew I tendered my resignation, did not give me weekend off the entire month. Pressure will just be on you if you supervisor and up. The blame is always on you. Given letter for taking 4 mcs in 6 months. 5mc the entire year.
I have never worked in a place like this.
The area manager just did not care about staff at all. The amount of pressure on management was huge. During my last few weeks there I was having panic attacks on the way to work. We were accused of not doing our jobs because the store wasn't performing as expected, when really it's just the state of retail in the UK.

I had zero work/life balance. I never saw my managers as they were always on opening and I was always on closing, meaning I'd see them for an hour a day (if that).

I'd get home and go straight to bed to get up the next day for my shift. I'd never get to see my manager to talk about things going on in my personal life, but then I'd get blamed for not finding the time to speak about it and having a poor performance. We didn't even have a staff room to talk in. If you have a recorded conversation you have to go somewhere outside the store to have it, surrounded by people eating their lunch and eavesdropping.

The deliveries were ridiculous. There stock room was an L shape and was tiny, with it being dangerously overfilled with delivery. There was no communication from higher ups about certain things but the store team would be blamed.

I lasted less than 3 months there. I was treated like an idiot and it was clear they had no faith in me even though my training was a disaster. I realised during my time there I only ever received praise once because they would constantly focus on the negatives and the team managers would be blamed. I've never been more disgusted at the way an area has been run. I'm glad I got out when
 - more...
Cons
Upper management don't care about their staff.
Great opportunity for any team member in applying for Coton On Distribution Center. Wether you start off as a picker and work your way up to become a supervisor/manager, the experience will guide you in getting the knowledge in the warehouse business. Use this company to get that experience as a supervisor/manager and potentially move on to another company that would pay fairly for the position you are in.
Pros
Bbq, Events, Culture, Perks
Cons
Pay, lack of leadership
Sheer favoritism an giving of opportunity to people that are bullies if you don't know any of the management staff (two who are married which shows conflict of interest) then your screwed
Super tight man power with poor management, not care staffs at all as all leader only prioritise money but not people first.conpany structure is in a mess in hong kong.
Pros
50%off staff discount
Cons
Always OT with paid
Company as a whole wasn't organized but depending on what store you work at you may have a manager that does there best to be organized and on point