The Cotton On Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
The Cotton On Group Employee Review

My experience at Cotton On could have been much better.

27 September 2012
While I was working at Cotton On, there were many faults with the store, let alone my work colleagues. There was a feel tension between others which affected majority of the staff. While I was there, management was slack in regards to training, considering the constant mistakes made by the newbies. Although, there were positive aspects of Cotton On, which was the constant need to keep working or keeping busy.
Pros
gaining some experience, and some skills in the work force
Cons
bad overview on management for clothing stores
12 December 2019
very fun, fast-paced, exciting due to new things occurring daily, friendly helpful staff. the staff look after you too when dodgy characters enter store
Pros
50% off storewide
22 April 2019
Typical day at work would entail 8-9 hour shift. Primarily cashier work, dressing room work, racking clothes and putting out new stock. Learned how to further develop time management and communication skills, as well as problem solving.
Management overall pleasant to work with. Listened to employee needs and requests and lenient on things such as water breaks, bathroom breaks, etc. However also firm and assertive. Hardest part of job was dealing with problematic, rude or unreasonable customers. However overall good work experience and did not encounter many customers that were too unreasonable. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and hold conversations with the customers and serve customers needs and satisfy desires.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Long hours on slow days
28 March 2019
Worked part-time, but was not given as many hours as I wanted to work each week (only two days). Overall great work environment and friendly staff. Good benefits of employee discount on clothing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.